What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Stop Making Sense Shootout

2023 Rhino Reissue Optimal Pressing
1984 EMI DMM Original German Pressing

I just tested 2 titles from both A Sides: Psycho Killer and Slippery People. IMO Both are THE killer songs of the whole album. The 84 shows a little more dynamic and motion, so that PRAT feeling is delivered quicker. The 23 has a wider soundstage and it is more detailed. So as the Americans say: a tie.

If you had a real good original pressing at home and you don’t need all titles it would be fine. If you don’t want to miss classics like Heaven or This Must Be The Place so the 23 would not disappoint you. This whole concert is a Milestone and worth to listen. I am happy with both. I am just enjoying the music. :wink:

18 Likes

Playing on CD - Rest in peace Bernie and for me being part of the classic Whitesnake line up .Such sad news

Whitesnake_-_Ready_An'_Willing_album_cover

9 Likes

Got this in a charity shop today its only 25 mins long and I think it came as a freebie in MoJo music magazine
Have to say its a really great performance and the sound quality is really good

s-l400

16 Likes

These tracks were taken from the multi disc ‘CSNY Live 1974’, which you of course realise, but the multi disk set is wonderful, well recorded and full of surprises. I’ve no idea how much it might be these days but worth a listen if you like CSNY.

4 Likes

I bought this for £1 in a charity shop. Mint. Thought I couldn’t go wrong, Mozart, Bach, Albinoni, Beethoven etc.

They manage to make all the pieces sound like background music to 'Allo 'Allo. How they do it I don’t know. Truly dreadful. Free to good home. Pick up only. My wife has told me to get it off.

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Vinyl. Nice!!

8 Likes

Lord Huron: Long Lost

11 Likes

I think I also watched it. I don’t remember it though which surprises me. :thinking:

Now playing…

Chip Wickham - Love & Life

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this new release, August 24th, from Chip and the music is sounding sublime!

3 Likes

U2, Zooropa, 1993.

12 Likes

Now playing…

The New Gary Burton Quartet - Common Ground

Gary Burton (Vibes), Julian Lage (Guitar), Scott Colley (Bass) and Antonio Sanchez (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continging on this morning with Gary, Julian, Scott and Antonio and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Bob Dylan - Theme Time Radio Hour Vol 1 - CD

4 Likes

Reminds me slightly of Acoustic Alchemy’s sessions. Rather enjoyable!

1 Like

Burton & Jarrett / slightly more uptempo than @seakayaker ’s play above.

7 Likes

Playing on CD an absolute peach of an album

s-l400 (1)

16 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, High Hopes, 2014.

12 Likes

Playing the music that influenced him rather than his own compositions this is a really enjoyable album.

2 Likes

Bedtime tunes courtesy of Sir Adrian & The London Phil - Holst: The Planets

6 Likes