What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

A little strange for Sunday morning perhaps but I’m enjoying it.

5 Likes

Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
2021 Blue Note Classic Series

Another fantastic record with Elvin Jones on drums joining an all star ensemble with Wayne, Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard and the one and only Ron Carter on bass. IMO one of the best records in this series. Outstanding tunes, wonderful musicians and an extraordinary soundstage. My copy is a super quiet pressing, as good as most of the ones from the Tone Poets. :ok_hand:

20 Likes

ZZ Top - Eliminator - CD

22 Likes

Back from two weeks in a land down under and this is busy easing me back into the right time zone……

1 Like

5 Likes

Picked up s/h NM on my holidays last week. I think originals cost £50/60? This cost £15. Another Mole Jazz Nimbus pressing so sound quality is excellent. The music is wonderful.

9 Likes

2015 vinyl release… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

1 Like

Nancy & Lee
1968 Reprise/Warner German Pressing

One of the best sounding records in my collection. This one is a cracker, still in a NM condition. The soundstage is just fabulous, such a joy to listen to it. Last year there was a little hype about the repress. That was sold for almost 60 Euros. I bought one for 40 when the hype was over and I sent it back, IMO no good pressing, didn’t catch me for that money, was very disappointed.

Discovered my 68 edition by incident on discogs for a twenner. One of the best decisions I made this year. Just love it :blush:

11 Likes

1984 vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

15 Likes

That’s a real stand-out for me. Great to get a back-to-back review :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this CD @HungryHalibut. Ordered.

I love Shaker Loops and am looking forward to hearing this performance.

Agreed. N&L is a fab record(ing) :+1:t5:

My 1968 US copy is just superb.

1 Like

A Bank Holiday weekend is as good a time as any to wade into this 12CD set.

6 Likes

At the time Mole reissued that one, Tubby Hayes was almost a ‘forgotten man’. Mole put out that one and ‘Tubbs Tours’ from the Fontana catalogue.

1 Like

2023 vinyl release… :grinning: :+1:t3: :notes:

12 Likes

I’d never heard the album but I knew it was highly regarded. Turns out for good reason. Having bought a couple of Mole Jazz albums recently I’ll be keeping my eyes open for more including Tubb’s Tours.

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - III - CD

25 Likes

The people at Mole also put out releases on ‘Hot House Records’ as new issues at the time. There are some good LPs by the likes of Nathan Davis and Dusko Gojkovic that they put out which are worth checking out.

That Kings Cross store was great in its heyday !

2 Likes

I can imagine.

Carnival weekend. Vinyl.

4 Likes