What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Late Coltrane, new to me and very interesting listen - just Coltrane on sax and Ali on drums.

10 Likes

Love the album and for me an iconic cover

9 Likes

Had a really enjoyable afternoon !!!
Never seem to tire of hearing these two

17 Likes

Paul McCartney - Ram - Archive Collection - CD

18 Likes

My suspicion is that this Four Seasons is the purist’s version , I do like early music

1 Like

Lovely set up

1 Like

Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny.

14 Likes

Thank you for the heads up :+1:

1 Like

The Beatles, rubber soul. :smiling_face:

24 Likes

Bedtime tunes

Found in the new releases list on Qobuz

Really enjoying…

Such a good sounding, well mixed recording for a live album (better than many typical studio recordings imho). David Byrne’s voice is superbly positioned in this surprisingly wide/open soundstage. All in all this remastered version makes for a more memorable, enjoyable and dare I say it “more foot-tappingly” engaging version, than I recall (although a few decades ago!). Enjoy…

Sublime
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

22 Likes

Rumer, side b & rarities. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I gave in. Ordered a copy to hear how it sounds vs my 1999 Special Ed CD. Looking forward to it, I must say.

2 Likes

Yep - I’ve just received the Vinyl not played yet

I was thinking maybe they might also bring out a remaster of the 1999 CD edition

On Qobuz sounds damn fine though I must say

2 Likes

Yaron Herman Trio, Follow white Rabbit, 2010 | Jazz | Flac 16-44
Yaron Herman blends elements of jazz, classical, and the music of his native Israel in this intriguing trio session with bassist Chris Tordini and drummer Tommy Crane. The album is excellent and i love the version of Kurt Cobain Heart Shaped Box.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t think you’ll be disappointed - I was pleasantly surprised how clean and engaging the recording was for a ‘live’ album. Hope you enjoy too…

1 Like

Haven’t played that version I’ll give it a spin when I get back, cheers.

1 Like

Playing and loving on CD a fine early Friday morning play

264x264

23 Likes

Thank you. It is almost my final iteration as I settle what goes in which room. The orangey finish on the 140 offends the perfectionist in me , so I may swap that out if a dark olive one comes up at the right price. I am also trying to get a 323e card for the 62 which Darran is helping me out with. The Olive just sits right with the finish on the LP12.

Taken refuge in the cabin, as Mrs QS is working on the dining table. I’ll be glad when the new office furniture arrives and is fitted next week🤞🏼
Starting with the 1st play of my Ziggy 50th Anniversary concert CD’s.

17 Likes