What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

That is the most wonderful Boxset. I haven’t played anything from it yet that I didn’t immediately love.
The Gil Shaham fronted Vivaldi - Le Quattro Stagioni, simply blew me away🤪

2 Likes

Japan - Quiet Life
Ultravox - Vienna

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

14 Likes

I’m taking a leaf out of @GraemeH 's book. Wir Fahren!

19 Likes

couple of crackers there! :grinning:

1 Like

I may be retired, but I don’t seem to have stopped this week…:man_shrugging:t2:
Finally getting back to the music and Beth Hart’s ‘War in my Mind’

LP12 in use for the first time this week😊

12 Likes

Classic stuff.

G

10 Likes

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (2016).

20 Likes

David Bowie - David Bowie - CD

following on from the Beeb sessions, played this

16 Likes

Playing on vinyl from the Pixies

8 Likes

Love those songs - Uncle Arthur.

1 Like

David Bowie - Blackstar - CD

Then just had to follow it with this, still can’t believe he’s gone to the great gig in the sky.

23 Likes

Now Playing…

Fade Into Light

Boz Scaggs - Fade Into Light

Boz Scaggs (Drum Programming, Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Roscoe Beck (Bass), Kevin Bents (Piano), Curt Bisquera (Drums, Percussion), Dave Carpenter (Bass), Nathan East (Bass), Ricky Fataar (Drums, Percussion), Robben Ford (Guitar), James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass), Booker T. Jones (Organ), Jim Keltner (Drums), Randy Kerber (Keyboards, Piano, String Arrangements, String Conductor), Kathy Merrick (Vocals), Michael Omartian (Keyboards,), Michael Rodriguez (Keyboards), William McLeish Smith (Organ), Norbert Stachel (Saxophone), Neil Stubenhaus (Bass), Fred Tackett (Guitar) and Jai Winding (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Boz and with his ‘Fade into Light’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! One lovely way to ease into this long Labor Day Holiday weekend over on this side of the pond…

17 Likes

John Coltrane & Milt Jackson - Bags & Trane

I love Milt Jackson’s vibes playing - his three albums on CTI are essentials.

Great supporting cast

Connie Kay - Drums
Paul Chambers - Bass
Hank Jones - Piano

19 Likes

From Beth Hart to Joanne Shaw Taylor ‘Nobody’s Fool’

This is a lovely album and a welcome one after the disappointing ’The Blues Album’.
Produced by Joe Bonamassa & Josh Smith it has the best production quality of all of her albums to date, IMHO…:blush:

7 Likes

CD9 of the Bumper Mosaic Complete Roulette Maynard F. box.

3 Likes

Chet Baker, Gnid, Swiss Jazz+.

4 Likes

Settling in for the evening with some top driving spiritual jazz from bassist Henry Franklin and ace band. Real Gone reissue of Tribal Dance a 1977 release.

5 Likes

J.S. Bach & Part: Works for Violin & Chamber Orchestra.

4 Likes

Just time for a bit Swans’ Glowing Man on original 2016 vinyl before the big match tonight:

5 Likes

The Skipper’s first two albums are on Qobuz unfortunately I can’t find Tribal Dance.