What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Speaking of I do need some a little less serious to cook dinner, this always brings a smile.

Galen and Paul Can We Do Tomorrow Another Day.

13 Likes

Love Rock Bottom, and these are interesting versions. Will have to play the original later.

3 Likes

I have the (allegedly) limited edition vinyl. It’s a smashing album beautifully presented.

2 Likes

I’m from that area and frequented a few of those little venues mentioned, it wasn’t a bad music scene in the 80’s. One of Bob’s early bandmates went to my school, but I’m still jealous to this day that a mate from Wimborne saw Fripp do an ‘impromptu’ at the Minster.

3 Likes

On CD:-

P J Harvey - I Inside The Old Year Dying

10 Likes

Lloyd Cole ,Broken Record from 2010.

7 Likes

Scott McKenzie. The voice of
The sun is shining and I’m back in ‘67.
This excellent edition includes bonus tracks including mono versions of singles . Cd rip.

5 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers A Night In Tunisia / 2005 Blue Note / EU CD / 724387526129

19 Likes

San Francisco I love that track.

5 Likes

Great song brings up iconic images…….would have liked to visit. Friend did recently and it was apparently pretty awful with lots of derelict shopping malls, shops and homeless people everywhere. The U.S is a-brutal place if you are without a job.

3 Likes

Been there twice I do like it however I’m not in a hurry to go back.

1 Like

Yes, my daughter had a similar experience there - incredibly high number of homeless on the streets. She did like the dial-a-spliff service, though. Kids, eh?

1 Like

Mrs R’s back at work after the school hols, so I get to play “that noodley stuff” during the day.

15 Likes

Just finished the article and throughly enjoyed it. It does paint a picture of a very determined Fripp from the very early years showing the foundations of was be a remarkable career and one of the most influential bands od all time.
Thanks again

1 Like

naim sampler 8 / 2011 naim / UK CD / naimcd173

6 Likes

I know this gets posted all the time, but rightly so. And it sounds very good on a recently acquired CD.

30 Likes

Anteloper
Kudu
Int’l Recording Co

Jaime Branch - tpt, synths
Jason Nazary - dr, synths

2 Likes

Aretha Franklin, Aretha Now. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Love the track On The Boards …Just fabulous mood and atmosphere and Rorys lyrics and his sax playing

12 Likes

Me too, some tweny five years between visits…only, Id like to go back: if only to revisit City Lights books, among a few other places.

1 Like