What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Beth Orton – Trailer Park
CD rip|1996

16 Likes

Lee Scratch Perry. Destiny.
If you have not heard it already @dave-marshall trust me on this one. :sunglasses:

Qobuz

7 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman first self titled album, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Donald Fagen I’m Not The Same Without You / Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Promo CD Single

10 Likes

Top tip @igahman ,

Captured it on yon Tidal thingy.

Nice one.

1 Like

No, not really, as i’ve never really got on with The River compared to the others - I want to love it as its Bruce, but for me the others pip it somehow. I have a lovely Japanese pressing of The River too, but it doesn’t get spun as much as the rest of the discography… perhaps because its a double album rather than single LP, not sure.

2 Likes

Front 242 - Geography
Alphaville - Forever Young

Wishing everyone a lovely start to the week :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - REM 's Peter Buck @ Mike Mills @ Bill Berry and the late Warren Zevon

5 Likes

Staying with rush, but going LIVE

Clockwork Angels Tour on CD

7 Likes

2012 black vinyl release… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

3 Likes

Madonna beautiful stranger / 1999 Maverick / German CD single / W495CD

The incredible 10.12 minutes Calderone Club mix of beautiful stranger. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

One of my favourites Yeti possibly because I saw him (twice) on The River UK tour.
Would also say that in my experience double albums are harder to get into but are usually the most rewarding.
Manassas, Songs in the key of life, Chicago Transit Authority, Blonde on Blonde, Exile on Coldharbour Lane and Bitches brew , White album ………etc

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ve only really noticed on the tracks with horns

11 Likes

Why? Chillin’ out…

steve

24 Likes

images
Slowdive, Everything is Alive. Perhaps I should get out more but never heard of Slowdive until this popped up on Qobuz.

Music to get lost in - all warm and fuzzy - and a rather enjoyable listen.

9 Likes

David Bowie - Low - CD

28 Likes

Good point - will give The River a little more time this week.

I thought ‘Darkness’ was almost impenetrable after Born in the USA, and took a lot of plays to ‘click’, but adore it now though. Maybe I’ve just not played TR enough.

Saw Bruce live during the Human Touch / Lucky Town tour, so understand the album association, as these two LPs hold a special place in my affection as a memory of those shows.

3 Likes

Madonna - Like Prayer, early UK pressing. Probably her best album, certainly one of my favs anyway. Peak 80s Madge!

10 Likes