What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

6 Likes

Bill Callahan YTI⅃AƎЯ

10 Likes

There was no-one like Nick Drake. Pure brilliance. A gentle soul, taken far too soon.

I will play one of his albums later today, now that you have reminded me. Thanks.

7 Likes

Leonard Cohen The Future

13 Likes

I don’t know why I thought of this maybe cause it’s a beautiful warm spring afternoon. Bubblegum, love the titles people come up with.

Edison Lighthouse On the Rocks (remastered - that might help :grin:)

IMG_3794

10 Likes

Ok that’s enough of that time to resume normal transmission.

Bowie Hunky Dory

31 Likes

Thelonious Monk - Monk’s Music

15 Likes

Tom Scott & the LA Express - Tom Cat

Tom Scott - Saxophone, Woodwind
Robben Ford - Guitar
Max Bennett - Bass
John Guerin - Drums
Larry Nash - Keyboards

If the above look familiar check out the classic Joni Mitchell albums.

On this album Joni Mitchell appears on the track Love Poem which sounds like a lost song off Hissing of the Summer Lawns.

9 Likes

American Spring.

4 Likes

A friend HIGHLY recommended this this morning.
Des Rocs - Dream Machine

Giving it a listen whilst waiting for the Solar Energy guy to arrive.
It might take a couple of listens and on a better system than the Sonos Beam to fully evaluate it, I don’t hate it🤔

3 Likes

Playing and loving on Vinyl

16 Likes

Once you see the woman on the cover you won’t be able to ‘unsee’ her each time you look at the cover.

10 Likes

Interesting……i have that album and never noticed before. I will always see her now😁

6 Likes

Thanks Andy…I see it now …very subtle but as you say it will always stand out.
Something new I have learned today
Wishing you a good day mate

2 Likes

I wrote my Masters thesis on that phenomenon, many years ago. More to it than, er, meets the eye. :thinking:

2 Likes

Getting my freak on with three albums featuring a roster of San Francisco’s finest at their peak. Reminded of these albums by an article on the always interesting Aquarium Drunkard website
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name.
Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Blows Against the Empire.

Mickey Hart - Rolling Thunder

12 Likes

The Blue Nile - Hats, CD rip. Hypnotically majestic, still.

19 Likes

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

I’ve seen this crop up in a couple of Ten Most Frequently Played lists. That doesn’t surprise me as it’s a jolly fine record. I remember waking up at Knebworth on 11 August 1979 to Take the Long Way Home being played over the PA. I’m playing my original vinyl copy, which was given to me decades ago by the lovely Caroline.

33 Likes

The Beta Band - The 3 EP’s, CD rip. Why weren’t these guys huge, beggars belief really. Yet another great Scottish band.

11 Likes

2000 vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

9 Likes