What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around. Trying out a new (to me, not made of money!) CDT on the downstairs system. This sounds terrific.

20 Likes

I love 'em, and Steve Mason’s solo work. But it always seemed to me they never really wanted or tried to be huge. Probably too stoned.

1 Like

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops - CD

20 Likes

1989 vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

10 Likes

10cc - The Original Soundtrack

Original vinyl sounding superb, particularly at 42 Rue de Saint Jacques.

17 Likes

Ace choice

some recent new Cds:

glacial ambient

3 Likes

1 Like

more ambient, with more bass sounds

1 Like

On vinyl… :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

23 Likes

Sorting through my old CDs, came across this gem. Lovely.

19 Likes

10cc - How Dare You - CD

Following @Clive, dug this out of storage

21 Likes

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

Sticking firmly in the ‘70s today. According to AMG this was released on 31 December 1973, so I suppose there should be a 50th anniversary version coming soon. This is the 24/192 version on Qobuz and it’s sounding rather fine indeed, helped by the fact that it’s a great record, of course.

35 Likes

Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm. Released in 2005, I haven’t played this CD as much as Aimee’s albums which preceded this. Not sure why, as it’s full of songs with incredibly catchy choruses. Come to think of it, I haven’t listened much to the ones after this either; must put that right.

12 Likes

Barclay James Harvest - self titled. A chance reference on the internet reminded me how much I used to love this album. Turns out I still do. Can feel a CD purchase coming on.

14 Likes

Portishead - Dummy. CD rip. Always haunting, always brilliant.

19 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

13 Likes

If Brian Jones is remembered for nothing else, his haircut went down in history. :smiley:

4 Likes

Anna & Elizabeth - the invisible comes to us. Saw reference to this in a hi-fi review, thought I’d check it out. Wonderful album, authentic American folk tunes combined with electronic instruments, found sounds, brass etc. Lovely voices, too.

3 Likes

Richard Hawley - Hollow Meadows.

14 Likes