What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Highway to Hell - bought this today on CD - local HMV having a refit and shut for a MONTH…
Watched a great AC/DC documentary on Sky, which prompted the purchase…

2 Likes

Excellent news, enjoy

New to me, John. Just in the right place for some fluent guitar. Cheers😁

1 Like

Been on repeat play recently and think it is possibly my favourite Hawkwind album (still working that out after 46 years or so…).
The tracks all develop over time, rather than chug along all the way through - exploring, experimenting.
Terry Ollis’s drumming and Dave Anderson’s bass are great too - I think Dave A brought some of the Amon Duul II energy and sound to the group.

19 Likes

Mainly for the guitar sounds after Brainstorm riff ends !

11 Likes

This was the last Hawkwind album I bought when it came out.
Recently got the 3 cd version, mainly for the Hawklords 79 music which I used to have on tape many moons ago.
Must admit it still strikes me the same - a couple of tracks I like but overall does not hit the mark.
Ginger was a great technical drummer - but in all the years I only saw Simon King drop a stick once and it flew to the back of the audience - Ginger dropped his twice in one gig - and they went straight down.
I also think the loss of Calvert really affected the lyrics…

I’m happy to listen to any recommendations for later albums - can listen online before buying nowadays…

11 Likes

R.E.M. Automatic For The People - CD

28 Likes

Peter Bruntnell - Ringo woz ere

Starts with the gorgeous London Clay.

5 Likes

Bought this today as well - interesting album, using a lot of bits of horse - horse skin drum, horse bone flutes etc - as well as an orchestra…

1 Like

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels… Newly acquired CD. Spanking.

17 Likes

It’s a great album, she’s got a great voice.

2 Likes

She’s got groove, too. :grin:

1 Like

Flawed genius imo. This is almost all genius. Little of the not funny funny stuff but lots of instrumental virtuosity. A Zappa favourite for me. Lovely live recording. Qobuz stream.

4 Likes

One of the great debut rock albums.

18 Likes

Carly Simon, these are the good old days, the Carly Simon & Jac Holzman story. Following @johnt’s lead. Thank you. :blush:

11 Likes

Staying with Americana. Also brilliant. Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator).

17 Likes

One of my very first CDs, bought in 1989. Thank you for the reminder.

3 Likes

Fabulous sounding album

8 Likes

TCHAIKOVSKY & SCHULHOFF

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Manfred Honeck

8 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station, lonely runs both ways. :smiling_face:

15 Likes