What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Found this over the weekend. Astonishing playing and a wonderful CD. Only really knew Hummel’s choral stuff. I have a motto in my trawl through charity shop racks, that anything on Chandos/Hyperion etc will always be interesting even if I may not like it. This happily proves my point and is a keeper.

6 Likes

A lovely record! I played my it on LP just a few days ago.

I was lucky enough to see The Grateful Dead - just the once - at the Wembley Arena in around 1990, and some kind soul later sent me a pair of bootleg CDs of the show, so I can relive the experience any time.

1 Like

Playing on CD

R-1624986-1232926030

15 Likes

Andre Previn - Previn Conducts Gershwin - CD

My first ever classical CD

8 Likes

Eric Clapton - 24 Nights : Blues edition.

Plenty of talent on show here with Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Albert Collins and Jimmie Vaughan all making appearances.

Great recording quality.

10 Likes

The Blue Nile - Peace at Last (Remastered) - 2014

It gets a bit overlooked this third album originally released in 1996. Has its moments though, and the extra tracks are good.

13 Likes

Led Zeppelin

Disc 4 from the first box set.

27 Likes

I haven’t listened to the Catherine Wheel in years! I will have to it on for a spin, although I will have to wait as my amps are away for a wee service.

1 Like

Reminded by @igahman’s post of Marjory Razorblade, this is my personal favourite from Kevin.

7 Likes

Soothing balm on a wet day. Love the trombone. CD rip but equally as good on Qobuz.

1 Like

Playing that fantastic new Stop Making Sense gave me the idea, What A Day that Was is a great track.

1 Like

Henry McCullough - Ballywonderland - CD

9 Likes

I have been working my way through this over the past few days, all 5 hours of it! Great to hear some of the old Durutti and A Certain Ratio again.

8 Likes

Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette - CD

18 Likes

First play…

2023 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

16 Likes

On CD:-

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

29 Likes

North Mississippi Allstars - Set Sail

6 Likes

22 Likes

Another new purchase and first play…

Also 2023 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

14 Likes

Eva Cassidy - I Can Only Be Me - 2023

I’m not sure if the LSO lends a lot to her incredible voice? All the emotion gone from People Get Ready, as an example, compared to the Live At Blues Alley version. Some songs more successful, in an ‘artificial’ kind of way.

*that’s coming off

11 Likes