What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I wonder why Chris Squire associated himself with ‘Fish’? (That was the name of his solo piece on ‘Fragile’.)

1 Like

The Cranberries - No Need to Argue
Radiohead - The Bends

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Billy Joel - Piano Man.

14 Likes

1975 - Rush // Fly By Night :: My guilty pleasure!:sunglasses:

16 Likes

I’d love to give you a “like” for one of those albums. But the other one, nope. Lol .

1 Like

@SimonDC Bill gets a mention in this piece by Gary - who comes across as a nice humble knowledgeable guy - I think you’ll love this.

6 Likes

Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll -CD

21 Likes

They are both great albums and a turning point on their respective careers.

3 Likes

Wyatt makes everything sound beautiful & this EP is no different. Wyatt’s the definition of a national treasure for me & this sounds great on Qobuz.

5 Likes

Seen it - it’s actually quite an old clip - plus just realised the album is now 40 years old - oh dear that’s aged me!
If I remember correctly Bill was brought in by the record company to produce the album but Gary didn’t care too much for some of the work he put in so re-did quite a bit himself - hence bill not getting any production credit!

2 Likes

CD version.

15 Likes

Please enlighten me, what’s with your animosity towards Radiohead? Wishing you a lovely evening :smiling_face:

2 Likes

this one pops up every few months or so. love the fact that the US and the rest of the world have reversed sides

Unknown

7 Likes

Interesting that you assume it was Radiohead.

2 Likes

And next is the next - following 83’s Warriors was 84’s Berserker

Gone were the hired hands and in came the PPG Wave plus a couple of helpers - Mike Smith & Ian Herron AKA “The Wave Team”

And yes it’s not the albums actual artwork - I’ve used the singles cover as this is the extended version!

9 Likes

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These years.

15 Likes

Matthew Sweet - Altered Beast

Bit like Country Honk and Honky Tonk Women, Matthew Sweet includes two songs - a slow version The Ugly Truth with Byron Berline on fiddle - hang on Byron plays on Country Honk!

Then after a brilliant sound clip from the film Caligula “He’s a god now” the album rips into a vicious guitar lead version of the Ugly Truth Rock.

Some great guitar players on this album - Robert Quine, Ivan Julian and the great Television Co-guitarist Richard Lloyd.

Also we get Nicky Hopkins, hang on he’s on Honky Tonk Women as well.

Pete Thomas, Fred Maher and Mick Fleetwood on drums.

Every song on this album is pure treasure.

IMG_8070

7 Likes

Shirley Horn, songs of lost love. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I may not be his number one fan but he does have good taste. My favourite NIN album.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have heard a few Radiohead albums but I bought OK C on CD back in the day on the strength of the amazing reviews. I played it quite a lot at first but still scratched my head. Finally I came to appreciate it, as it, with the help of a bit of fishing line, helps scares the birds away from our vegetable patch. If others like it, then great. No offence meant.

3 Likes