What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Even cheap CDs of this wonderful album sound fantastic. Great late night listening. What a sax tone. Qobuz.

8 Likes

One of a handful (less than 5) of non classical LPs in the house when I was a kid. My father somehow acquired a test pressing when he lived in Sweden. The classical music never took with me but I’ve always loved this.

Jan Johansson: 8 Bitar

1 Like

Next up is not a solo album from Gazza - but his joint effort - if you count some lyrics and vocals joint! - with Bill Sharpe.

Not his best but some interesting tunes and nice keyboard work from the Shakatak man!

Sharpe & Numan - Automatic

3 Likes

Bedtime Tunes via Air Pods again…

17 Likes

Last one tonight - still keeping to my Numan theme - but from just 10 years ago…

Gary’s fight with depression mimics my problems since losing my mum so this is quite a difficult listen but more than worth it

Gary Numan - Splinter - Songs from a broken mind!

11 Likes

No, it’s me who’s confused. I just checked the CD. It’s the same as yours, although more orange.

I think this album was discussed before, because I remember saying then how good the RVG sound was.

2 Likes

Andy that caught my eye
Years ago a mate put on a CD lots of Mathew Sweet and really liked his stuff
There was a song called Angeline which was really great.
You would know that album it was on ?

1 Like

Great choice Alan

I saw Alvin years ago on Worthing Pier.
It was a very foggy night and he was playing in a small room which held about 150 people.Tables and chairs and a bar at the back.
Just him and his guitar
He played 2 - 45 minute sets and told some great stories.

A great memory that night

This was great in the set

6 Likes

Yes the track is actually ‘Evangeline’ which has Richard Lloyd on guitar. Off Matthew Sweet’s album Girlfriend.

7 Likes

Catswhiskers has beaten me to it and BBC music magazine issued an acompanying disk of her Symphony 3 and a Concert Overture No 1. Comes with pieces with Eleanor Alberga and Errollyn Wallen.

On female composers, try searching for Doreen Carwithen. Quite a bit of hers on Chandos.

Etta James - Stormy Weather on BBC R3, broadcast from Lough Neagh on 3 Breakfast’s Northern Ireland tour.

3 Likes

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Philippe Saisse Valerian / 1988 Windham Hill Records / Japan Promo CD / D32Y5096

3 Likes

They filed the versions under “epic”, “rare”, “popular” … and it makes me crazy…
Anyway…anybody had the chance to listen to the whole thing?
Thoughts appreciated!
Thanks!

4 Likes

A blast from the last and still touring, the reformed Manfred Mann with Paul Jones and Mike D’Abo on vocals.

6 Likes

Mathew Sweet. Yes I endorse the reply you received from @AndyP Girlfriend is your friend.

2 Likes

‘Seeds of Love’ – Tears for Fears

Watched their ‘Radio 2 in the Park’ set on the telly at the weekend – I thought they were superb.

20 Likes

Audience. Friends, friends, friend.
I play their third and fourth albums on a regular basis (House on the hill and Lunch) but have overlooked this their second release from 1970. Surprised because it’s actually very good. Qobuz.

5 Likes

Enjoying on CD

11 Likes

Casiopea Live and Best / 2013 Sony / Japan SACD Hybrid / MHCL10105

3 Likes