What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Bob Marley. Babylon by bus.
Up there with my favourite live albums I have many copies in different formats but this is the cd rip from the attractively packaged and priced Complete Island studio recordings box.

Note: Currently £36 for 11 albums on the big river if anyone is lacking in their BM collection.

14 Likes

First listen… fabulous. :tongue: :tongue:

1 Like

Bobby Hutcherson ‎Happenings / 1986 Blue Note / Japan CD No Obi / CP325217

Vibraphone Bobby Hutcherson
Piano Herbie Hancock
Bass Bob Cranshaw
Drums Joe Chambers

10 Likes

First play…

2021 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

21 Likes

That was one of my very first Blue Note (US) longboxes in 1989 and what a gem it is !

1 Like

I was going to reply to Stevie B’s posting but something cropped up work wise and didn’t yesterday.

A favourite Live album with me to there’s so much energy in the recording it’s got a real vibrancy about it.I really love sides 1 @ 2…Positive Vibration is stunning with the introduction and the band are just so tight .I love the positivity in Bobs lyrics
My vinyl copy is a bit dog eared but have had it since 1978 and gets played often even now a sure sign of a great album

2 Likes

IMG_0661

2005 Linn Records 20th Anniversary Edition, boy this sounds good!… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

12" 45 rpm EP of early radio broadcasts.

Last few spins on the NAC 252 !

4 Likes

Maybe my lighting or pic quality on my ancient phone.
Yes, I have quite a few RVG’s which I bought cheaply as they were unsealed and minus the card outer which iirc they originally came with.
I hadn’t played them in a while and since upgrading my amplification, now sounds surprisingly good even with my relatively humble old CD 3-5/HC.
Will definitely revisit my RVG titles.

10 Likes

Always view Simone as the most important female artist of my lifetime. Find it difficult to choose her best album but I’m sure I read somewhere that she thought ‘And Piano’ was her best. Anyway, superb, powerful music. Qobuz.

2 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello peace beyond passion / 1996 Maverick / Germany CD / 9362460332

4 Likes

Here I can recommend the Tone Poet :wink: @Dreadatthecontrols

2 Likes

The 2LP Tone Poet edition. Never heard the CD but the sonics on this vinyl edition are terrific.

2 Likes

2020 release on pink transparent vinyl… :notes: :grinning::+1:t3: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Rafael

Hello! I am very well thank you, hope you are too.

I was listening to this at the weekend while playing (and loosing to) my son at chess.

Maybe 2024 is finally the year for a tour through Prince’s live shows? It’s going to take some research though!

7 Likes

David Olney & Anana Kaye - Whispers and Signs. A lovely album in a folk/singer-songwriter style. One or two tracks remind me a little of The Handsome Family.

Fink - Resurgam, 2017 vinyl release… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

6 Likes

Yes, I have it on order since I found I dont have an LP of this. Or maybe I misfiled it.
Like my recently buying the TP repress of Grant Green feeling chuffed that I got it only to find I had already bought it first time around and filed it in the wrong place! Doh!
:grin:

1 Like

Pat Metheny From This Place / 2020 Nonesuch / EU CD / 075597924374

13 Likes

Likewise at Brighton Dome…

You’ve prompted me to add to today’s playlist…

Alvin Youngblood Hart - Territory (Hannibal/Rykodisc 1998 )

:heart:

8 Likes