What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@Charles64 .prompted to play some Brian Wilson … beautiful 1998 solo album…will dip further into our rather extensive Beach Boys, Brian, Dennis, Carl, Al, Bruce collection of cds, vinyl, bootlegs, dvds etc. …not quite completist but nearly!

7 Likes

Great to have music back after service time. Well when I say service it was more like a service & trade in combination. Got my CB 160 serviced and swapped my 12 for a 32.5 and my SNAPS for a HiCap! Like you do! So its test record time and these are my first 2 test LPs :musical_note: :notes: :guitar:

27 Likes

On original 1996 45rpm double vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

Genesis - Invisible Touch - CD

21 Likes

1994 vinyl release… :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes:

21 Likes

Ray La Montagne - Gossip In The Grain

…After a late lunch.

8 Likes

From Scotland and released in 2020: Snowgoose - The Making Of You. Raymond McGinley of Teenage Fan Club is involved with this release in a collaboration with other musicians, but this is a bit different to TFC and is more in a folk-rock vein.

1 Like

Jimmy Haslip Arc / 1993 GRP / US CD / GRD9726

Jimmy Haslip Bass, Keyboards
Randy Brecker Trumpet
Chuck Findley Trumpet
Bob Mintzer Soprano Saxophone
Joshua Redman Tenor Saxophone
Dave Samuels Vibraphone
Andy Narell Steel Drums
John Scofield Guitar
Vince Mendoza Keyboards
John Beasley Piano
Luis Conte Percussion
Peter Erskine Drums

5 Likes

Great to see a Hadcock. Had one paired with an Entre cartridge (wonder what happened to them?) & it was a perfect combination.

1 Like

Just released - surprise new album from The National, called Laugh Track - just 5 months after “Frankenstein”.

@Pete_the_painter - you’re on!

8 Likes

Some german post-punk courtesy of Pink Turns Blue to accompany rcm duty.

one of mine as well … from their Archives 3xLP at least :+1:

1 Like

Nils Frahm - Screws

From the notes…Played with a good right hand on piano, and the four fingers of the other, while his broken left thumb was repaired by doctors over time, with screws.

Agony. But beautiful music.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Unscientific Italian - Play the music of Bill Frisell, Vol. 1

Mirco Rubegni (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, French Horn), Fulvio Sigurtà (Trumpet, Flugelhorn), Filippo Vignato (Trombone), Federico Pierantoni (Trombone), Lorenzo Manfredini (Trombone), Cristiano Arcelli (Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Piero Bittolo Bon (Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Francesco Bigoni (Tenor Saxophone, Carinet, live electronics on Brass), Rossano Emili (Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Beppe Scardino (Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Alfonso Santimone (Piano, Live Electronics on Clarinets), Danilo Gallo (Double Bass) and Zeno De Rossi (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… random pick from a listing on Qobuz and enjoying the music! Lots of horns and sounding mighty fine…

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing those appear here, as and when.

1 Like

I love how the last track and one of the best things here, Happy Days, features the melody of the archive, comedy song, My Solution. Completely re-purposed, of course, but wonderfully done.

1 Like

That’s a great box set.

1 Like

Miles Davis - Tutu

21 Likes

Following a recommendation here, Rhiannon Live 1977……

Remembering when it was new….:shushing_face:

ATB, J

20 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

3 Likes