What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Hammering down outside so a warming psych/rock/jazzy stew on the turntable inside. Spirit “Twelve Dreams” on UK Epic vinyl. Never seems dated to me.

19 Likes

The Low Anthem -Oh My God, Charlie Darwin. Brilliant album from 2009.

4 Likes

First spin, arrived this morning from Diverse Vinyl.
Been looking forward to this since it was first due in the Craft AS Contemporary series last year iirc.
One, I always enjoy Shelley Manne, joined here by Andre Preview on the Joanna with Leroy Sarsons on Bass.
Two, Mrs Dread is a big fan of the show, herself playing Eliza Doolittle in an am dram when she was a nipper.

Shelley Manne And His Friends Vol2
Modern Jazz Performances Of Songs From My Fair Lady (Craft/Acoustic Sounds Series/ Contemporary 1956)

Luvverly!
:heart:

4 Likes

13 Likes

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life - CD

22 Likes

Nicodemus - Gunman Connection (Cha Cha LP 1982)

Jamaican Sound System DeeJay Nicodemus recorded at Channel One, his gruff dry almost monotone delivery a perfect foil for riding stripped back slow n brooding Roots Radics (the core of Style Scott on Drums and Errol Flabba Holt on Bass later went on to work as Dub Syndicate with Adrian Sherwood) riddims mixed by the man called Scientist.

3 Likes

Cat’s in the Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe - America’s Least Wanted

3 Likes

Desmond Dekker - King Of Ska (Qobuz/Trojan)

40 track expansion of superb Desmond Dekker and others Ska tracks recorded at Leslie Kongs studio behind his Beverley’s ice cream parlour in Kingston.
“Audiophiles” look away now otherwise the music and vibe shines through, shame about the rain

4 Likes

Glenn Frey

After Hours

Edward

7 Likes
3 Likes

Now Playing…

Xavier Rudd - Jan Juc Moon

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… I found this in my album queue although I do not remember placing it there. Most likely one of the southern hemisphere members played it… this aging thing can impact the memory that’s for sure…

Anyhow the opening track is sounding mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album! Life is sweet…

3 Likes

John Martyn. The Church with one Bell. Album of blues covers including a great version of Portishead’s “Glory Box”. 1998. Just great imho.

25 Likes

Good Life - Inner City - Paradise

3 Likes

A genius! My son was a big fan of his about 25 years ago. When he played Weird Al CDs in the car, I found I was really enjoying them. What a brilliant mind.

1 Like

Thanks!

I recently watched Weird The Al Yankovic Story (See film and dvd thread) so I’m on a bit of a Yankovic buzz, hilarious
:grin:

1 Like

Please use other door - ‘Scenes from modern life’ on BBC R4.

Listen out for the dating couple, separately at the corner shop :slight_smile:

I think I’ll join you. I’ll download the movie for weekend viewing.

1 Like

I watched it whilst on a cruise (no not that kind!) but due to too much wine dozed off before it finished. I need to see the end but havent found it here to stream, its a Roku original but I dont have that platform. If you find it do let me know.
Cheers

2 Likes

A gift from a dear friend - actually has nothing to do with the Beatles playing live in Italy, but is a vinyl compilation of various studio cuts.

4 Likes