What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It’s only on Roku in the US too. It’s almost enough to make you turn to a dodgy stream ; )

1 Like

I’m sure it will turn up again somewhere, I saw it in my cruise ship cabins movie stream selection which wasnt Roku

It came with my LP12 when I bought it second hand many years ago. I believe it is actually quite well suited to the LP12 when matched with an appropriate cartridge, currently I have a DV 20X2L, which seems to marry well with it. Incidentally when I bought it it was fitted with an Optima cartridge which later became Dynavector, I still have it in a drawer!

Back to the Hadcock, as they are a rare thing these days, when my LP12 was in for a service a couple of years ago it was discovered that a grommet had perished and as no replacements were available my dealers tech guy Ross made one for it to keep the old girl going!

4 Likes

Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go - CD

13 Likes

Mellowing into the evening with some top modern jazz from Joe Lovano and a fine quartet on a mid 90s Village Vanguard live set. Blue Note double vinyl.

6 Likes

Don Henley

The End Of The Innocence

Edward

21 Likes

2 x LP - Polydor 2021 : )

‘The Eye’ is the eleventh studio album by the Swiss electronic duo Yello released on 9th December 2003, and first vinyl pressings in 2021

<< :eye: >>

17 Likes

Groundhogs | Split | 1971
Tony and the rest of the Hogs on great hard hitting form here when they eased away from their blusier early albums.

17 Likes

Go @Fetchezlavache go!

If that performance on Later is the one I think it is, I then bought the album on the strength of his appearance on the programme.

1 Like

Steve Miller - Born 2B Blue, a covers album of jazz standards.

7 Likes

Mine was great if a little fiddly. Enjoy, I think you’d have to spend a fair bit to improve on it :+1:

1 Like

A really gentle and beautiful effort from DG.

14 Likes

Quatermass. Self titled.
Continuing the theme of prog albums with covers designed by Hipgnosis.
You will have to be a certain age to have heard of this.

11 Likes

As you might expect in my collection.

4 Likes

Ryan Adams. Love is Hell. 2004. Very talented awkward b#gger, but knows how to write a tune imho.

Love Is Hell is the fifth studio album by American musician Ryan Adams, released on May 4, 2004, by Lost Highway Records. The album was originally released as two EPs, Love Is Hell pt. 1 and Love Is Hell pt. 2 , at the insistence of Lost Highway, who deemed that the album was not commercially viable.

Sometimes record companies have no clue.

download

5 Likes

J Peter Robinson is on the David Bowie album Low.

1 Like

Yello | One Second | 1987
Joining @Debs and those loveable whacky Swiss boys.

18 Likes

Never doubted it

1 Like

Pearl Jam - No Code.
The vocals are unmistakeably Eddie Vedder but the music is mostly atypical for the band. Some semi acoustic tracks but the Sex Pistols :joy: do gate crash the party in track 7.

4 Likes