What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Craft Recordings all-analogue vinyl LP:

5 Likes

Jackie Leven & Michael Cosgrave - Wayside Shrines And The Code Of The Travelling Man - CD

6 Likes

Probably my favourite Simone album. Four Women is immense. The definitive Lilac Wine. A gorgeous Wild Is The Wind. One amazing performance after another. She had it all.

10 Likes

Ryan Adams. Ashes and Fire. 2011. One of his best imho.

download (2)

9 Likes

Billy Bragg - Talking With The Taxman About Poetry.

9 Likes

My copy of this was delivered the day we left for holiday.
Looking forward to playing it after Saturday, as I won’t have a turntable to play anything on until then.

1 Like

More recently-acquired vinyl…

5 Likes

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band.

14 Likes

Shelby Lynne, I can’t imagine. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Mine’s a CD, part of a lovely box set containing all her Phillips albums, her time at Phillips being her best imo. The vinyl should be a real treat. Enjoy.

Marlena Shaw - From The Depth Of My Soul

Great voice an album from 1973 on the Blue Note label. More soul than jazz.

5 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman, rolling golden holy. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

15 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, star crossed. Haven’t listened for a long time to this breakup album.

6 Likes

Brings back memories for me. I was a founder member of the ELP tribute band “Noddys Puncture”. According to their website I was the Bass player who “Didn’t measure up!”. I prefer, “left due to artistic differences” :joy:. They are still going strong and are immeasurably more professional these days. Check them out on YouTube. Tom the keyboardist is a genius and he still stabs the keyboard with big knifes :flushed:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Wasn’t expecting that, I’ve just downloaded it and hopefully get time to listen later today. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers " Greg" :grinning:, will do :+1:

1 Like

Proper late night jazz on CD via phones. Stan’s wonderful compositions, tone(s) and phrasing are superb alongside the late John Taylor’s always elegant playing. 1977 reissue from those lovely Jazz in Britain folk who need our support.

Many thx to whoever posted this, @Dynaudio1 maybe.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed it!:sunglasses:

4 Likes