What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The great Elmore James
History Of…
Trip Records US

Owned it since it was released; feels like part of my DNA.

6 Likes

Dustin’ yer broom?

Done and dusted

2 Likes

Prince, Tokyo Dome 1990, 2022.

For this I blame @Fetchezlavache.

5 Likes

Man - Back Into The Future

9 Likes

One of the greatest live albums ever.

2 Likes

It’s the Rhino mono CD. I only ever ‘play’ CDs once, ripping to Core. When I play them it’s actually streamed and this mono version of the album sounds very good, as I said above.

1 Like

We’ll never mind Pete, it’s still an iconic image.

2 Likes

I expect its the CD edition of the Rhino 2LP, not heard the CD but the vinyl is superb too.

10 Likes

Yup, that’s for sure. Sadly, I was too young to see them live. I only heard about them in the ‘80s when a friend gave me a cassette of jazz and blues tracks he thought I’d like. Since then I’ve got quite a sizeable collection of John McLaughlin’s output.

2 Likes

That’s the one. It had the same label on it (apart from the 180g bit), which is in the bin now.

1 Like

The Who’s Next shots were taken on the way back down south from a gig in Scotland, Easington Colliery was the the location, up the road from me, and pretty close to @Blackstar . Quite a bizarre shoot!

5 Likes

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

Inspired by Steviebee. It was from this album that my friend had chosen tracks for me to hear via cassette tape. It’s been a favourite ever since I got my first copy on CD.

11 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings - Rockshow, on dvd. Highly recommended listen for anybody who appreciates the Wings Over America album, as this collection has a more “live” sound to it and a more cohesive feel that gives the impression that you are listening to one complete concert. It rocks!

10 Likes

New album Southern Star just out and worth a laid back listen. Loved Brent Cobb albums especially Keep Em on they toes, so been waiting patiently for his latest release. It doesn’t disappoint …. hope you enjoy

6 Likes

Record. Zero 7 compilation. Zero 7 were one of my wife’s lockdown discoveries. They were really good imho.

5 Likes

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band | Angel Station | 1979
Because it’s been a while and I enjoy early MMEB… I first bought this and their Solar Fire from a stall of knock off cassettes in downtown Cairo when I was living and working in the Egyptian delta at the turn of the 70s.

12 Likes

I too like a bit of Zero 7.

1 Like

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire

How else do you follow the first album other than with the second?

12 Likes

Kate Bush - the Kick Inside - CD

27 Likes