What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nice to see someone else enjoying cassettes. :sunglasses::notes:

4 Likes

Space For The Papa…oh yeah!
What a track…

1 Like

albums-1033

6 Likes

See if you can track down an LP of Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli playing this - which is utterly spellbinding!

ABM didn’t make many records, but he recorded a handful for DGG, all of which are wonderful. He and his onetime pupil Maurizio Pollini were among the great pianists of the last century.

3 Likes

Thanks’ Graham.
will do. Meanwhile i had to finishing listen to this…

7 Likes

Also been in a reminiscent mood John. Saw this band many times at my local venue back in the eighties. Jon Strong Band - Follow Me. Jon was/is? a great player, and the band were really tight. Always reminded me a little of Kevin Coyne.

3 Likes

Everything But The Girl Temperamental / 1999 Virgin / EU Promo CD / CDVDJ2892

An early morning challenge for my new NAC 332, using Grado SR125E headphones - sounding very enjoyable, resolving the dynamic production!

11 Likes

It’s now on my list to listen to, thanks.

1 Like

On CD:-

Steve Hackett - Please Don’t Touch!

10 Likes

International Anthem CD / Flying Dutchman

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bob Dylan. John Wesley Harding.
Released at probably the best period of my life.
Cd rip from the mono box set although I actually prefer stereo version which I’ve not ripped yet.

14 Likes

Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section / 2010 Concord / Germany CD / 0888072319929

16 Likes

Gary Boyle! Not to forget Games and Triple Echo. Also to a lesser extent Step Out and Friday Night Again.

1 Like

Bob Dylan. Nashville skyline.
The last 2 tracks of John Wesley Harding featured pedal steel, giving an indication of this wonderful album.
Not ripped yet so fired up the cd player. A favourite but far too short.

20 Likes

Funnily enough I’m listening to Friday Night Again right now! As I wanted all of Gary’s albums I had to buy it on vinyl and convert it to digital. Still sounds good if I ignore the noises!:joy:

Playing on CD - Really enchanting and relaxing

8 Likes

Really enjoying this surprise release from The National.

10 Likes

The Modern Jazz Quartet The Last Concert / 1998 Atlantic / Germany CD x 2 / 7567819762

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
John Lewis Piano
Percy Heath Bass
Connie Kay Drums

7 Likes

I don’t know if you have clocked this but tickets now on sale at the Barbican for December 18th for a night of conversation and Q&A with Geddy Lee to celebrate the release of his book ‘My Effin’ Life’

1 Like