What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Bob Dylan . Self portrait.
Having a lazy Bobfest day and for over 50 years this has been the album I have played most. Never tire of it. Cd rip.

Don’t write in, I know it’s not everybody’s favourite.:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Alabaster DePlume - To Cy & Lee: Instrumentals Vol. 1. Achingly beautiful. Have the Vinyl but playing on Qobuz which also sounds wonderful.

5 Likes

John Lewis, the MJQ pianist, made four CDs of transcriptions of JS Bach’s Well Tempered Clavier for the Japanese Philips label, in which some pieces are played solo and on others he is joined by other musicians.

Wonderful performances, but the CDs were never released here, so are rather difficult to find.

1 Like

Thanks for the information @anon70766008 - I have only recently started building my MJQ collection (including Milt Jackson recordings) so will look into that.

This new release is superb and I highly recommend it, if you haven’t heard it already.

The Modern Jazz Quartet The Montreux Years / 2023 BMG / Austria CD / CAT733CD

10 Likes

Hi Geoff, I suggest that you start at the Amazon Japan site.

1 Like

@anon70766008 I found a copy of Vol 1 for sale in the UK of this -

4 Likes

Bonobo Fragments / 2022 Ninja Tune / EU CD / ZENCD279

5 Likes

Have been wanting to dive into some of his works for a while now. This seemed a good place to start after reading up.

8 Likes

Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat - CD

22 Likes

Stunning, cinematic post rock that creates epic movies in your head

2 Likes

On CD:-

Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings

15 Likes

Well done! Worth getting, I think.

1 Like

It’s already in my calendar to purchase at 10am Friday😊
…but thank you for the heads up CR👍🏼

1 Like

Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon - CD

12 Likes

Herbie Hancock The New Standard / 1996 Verve / UK CD / 5277152

8 Likes

A morning’s hard labour in the garden unwinding to some sweet soulful music from the Sault stable. Cleo Sol (aptly) Heaven Tidalised.

3 Likes

Just arrived today.
Vivaldi - Le Quattro Stagioni: Anne-Sophie Mutter with the Wiener Philharmoniker conducted by HVK.

A truly wonderful interpretation, played on Mrs QS system through the new Ninka’s connected up today.

Draws still at the workshop being reworked.

5 Likes

1984 Linn Records vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Sorry for the slow reply @Tabbycat - completely missed your post, doh…

Agree!
And Morning Sun never fails to get me dervishing wildly - with headphones, disaster is never far away…

2 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Extremely ambient

10 Likes