What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Thankfully, we still have so much brilliance and verve and sheer joy in 99.99% of Pharoah’s music…this last bland recording can’t, and won’t, wash it away.

1 Like

Final album from a huge talent taken too soon:

12 Likes

Nenad Vasilic - The Art of the Balkan Bass

6 Likes

Now playing…

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince

Arooj Aftab (Vocals), Jarvis Benson (Viola), Jorn Bielfeldt (Drums), Mario Carrillio (Double Bass), Maeve Gilchrist (Harp, Synthesizer Bass), Jamey Haddad (Percussion), Kenji Herbert (Guitar), Shahzad Ismaily (Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Lady Jess (Violin), Juliette Jones (Violin), Petros Klampanis (Double Bass, Piano), Nadje Noordhuis (Flugelhorn), Malcolm Parson (Cello), Gyan Riley (Guitar), Rootstock Republic (Strings), Bhrigu Sahni (Guitar), Anoushka Shankar (Sitar) and Darian Donovan Thomas (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…continuing on this morning with Arooj and she with the talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime! …a beautiful voice and music.

10 Likes

Decided that tonight is going to start with vinyl and continue from last nights prog theme…

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

20 Likes

Last one before the footy - Craft’s fab-sounding “Small Batch” one-step vinyl reissue of Monk’s 1957 breakthrough album…

12 Likes

Richard Ashcroft - These People.

7 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose

12 Likes

.sjb

16 Likes

With my current theme I just couldn’t resist this ….

29 Likes

Lo-Fi but very fine indeed.

9 Likes

Coincidentally mentioned on another thread - The Elements - Joe Henderson & Alice Coltrane with Charlie Haden. On top notch Milestone vinyl. Marvelous.

9 Likes

Caro Emerald - The Shocking Miss Emerald.

7 Likes

Paul Simon - One Trick Pony - CD

14 Likes

A change of styles but sticking with vinyl ….

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

Got to say the phono stage on the 222 is no slouch!
This is sounding better than I’ve heard it before….

24 Likes

Superb album !

Daft Punk, random access memories. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

Have you heard Amazing Blondel? Medieval mastery.

2 Likes

Yes a big fan.

Satori/Flower Travellin’ Band.

2 Likes