What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I was talking about the 8-track cartridge… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yeah, right. You’re too young to remember those!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Might as well join you, Kev.:sunglasses:

16 Likes

Wind down album before beddie byes.

20 Likes

Now playing

Last song this dreich evening. It’s sounding not bad
at all!

25 Likes

Hi David, you’ve done it again, giving me credit for somebody else’s work :grinning:
I am sure it will be @AndyP that you should be thanking :+1:

1 Like

Story of my life.

1 Like

Excellent sounding piece of vinyl.

51qXJ9RbyML.AC
Ry Cooder - Get Rhythm.

13 Likes

Shriekback - Jam Science

Gang of Four & XTC offshoot.

4 Likes

1 of the 3 I don’t have.
More, Ummagumma & The Final Cut

1 Like

This was part of a 3 CD set I bought around 2002 (with Hot Rats and The Great Wazoo) that apart from Hot Rats I have not listened to much.

Zappa is someone I don’t really connect with emotionally and have never really “got”. (Although I do enjoy Hot Rats every now and again).

.sjb

5 Likes

(Roon random radio extension is still making a lot of my listening decisions so I’ve moved on too …)

Van the Man

He seems to be a bit of a cantankerous git but when the dust settles and the history is written he will stand out as a colossus.

.sjb

10 Likes

Silje Nergaard, self titled album. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire I Am / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20360

12 Likes

The Crusaders Rhapsody and Blues / 2016 MCA / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5808

Featuring Bill Withers on Soul Shadows.

11 Likes

Trying to listen to this again, as the Broadband disappeared completely yesterday afternoon/evening so had to give up.
BT Engineer due this morning to ‘Resolve our issues’…
Chance would be a fine thing. I wish they’d just flip the switch on the High Speed Fibre that’s installed up the road so that we can actually join the 21st Century :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Melvin Rhyne - Boss Organ (Elemental/Criss Cross 2LP)

Came accross this recently browsing through Qobuz and been enjoying it, so pleased to find this “first time on vinyl” issue from Elemental records. Nicely pressed, Gatefold, poly lined sleeves, good job

Organist Melvin Rhyne played in the groups of Jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery including his album Boss Guitar, Boss Organ is a tongue in cheek nod to Wes. Also features a young Joshua Redman.
Recorded in 1993 and previously CD only on the Criss Cross label.

:heart:

2 Likes

Just taken advantage of the Qobuz sale the Doors Hi Res album package. Rude not to at the price.

Just listening to LA Woman - The Hyacinth House track is a revelation some ‘popcorn’ synth sound at around 1 min 30 secs - never heard that before.

The Hi Res or my ND 555 has opened up the whole album.

Also, going through the albums and listening in detail - what a great drummer John Densmore was - never seems to get the accolades he deserved.

24 Likes

PD did the same with this reference to Take Five which he played on with Dave Brubeck of course.

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

8 Likes