What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Spot of NY and the Horse to liven up a dull arvo. Great mix of songs and some proper ragged band playing and soloing. UK Reprise vinyl.

16 Likes

Rodney Green Quartet Featuring Warren Wolf Live At Jazzhus Montmartre Copenhagen
2017 Storyville / Denmark CD / 1018457

Warren Wolf Vibraphone
Jacob Christoffersen Piano
David Wong Bass
Rodney Green Drums

Featuring outstanding vibraphone playing from Warren Wolf, backed by quality musicians, this is an excellent live recording.

4 Likes

Eurythmics - Greatest Hits.

1 Love Is a Stranger
2 Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
3 Who’s That Girl?
4 Right By Your Side
5 Here Comes the Rain Again
6 There Must Be an Angel (Playing With My Heart)
7 Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves - Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart & Aretha Franklin
8 It’s Alright (Baby’s Coming Back)
9 When Tomorrow Comes
10 You Have Placed a Chill In My Heart
11 Miracle of Love
12 Sexcrime (Nineteen Eighty-Four)
13 Thorn In My Side
14 Don’t Ask Me Why
15 Angel
16 Would I Lie to You?
17 Missionary Man
18 I Need a Man

With Dave Stewart, a wee bit of Annie Lennox, surely one of the most charismatic female singers of the 80s and 90s?

26 Likes

Continued use of the ‘way back when I had hair’ machine with some Sabbath.

16 Likes

Why? Nostalgia I guess…

steve

5 Likes

Gary Moore - Back to The Blues

Newly released on vinyl last week. A perfect introduction for anyone new to Gary Moore
and his deep blues talent. RIP.

15 Likes

Glad that you are enjoying Riverside, and posting again. You may be aware that the first three albums are, I believe, supposed to be a linked trilogy.
They also supported Dream Theater on a European tour back in 2008 so I wonder if you might have seen them without knowing it?

4 Likes

I have this album cover but I think your RCA release cover is better.

I still hear his name on Radio 4 extra “produced by Pete Atkin….”

IMG_8173

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Tori Amos - Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures

Tori Amos (Bösendorfer Piano, Fender Rhodes Piano, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Vocals), Mac Aladdin (Acoustic Guitar), Matt Chamberlain (Drums) and Jon Evans (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with Tori’s 2023 remaster of ‘Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures’ originally released in 2004. …and Tori and the band are sounding sublime!

14 Likes

Oh, now that’s entirely possible…:thinking:

1 Like

I happen to hear it now…

17 Likes

Van Halen
What a debut

13 Likes

Michael Smith - Mi Cyaan Believe It (Island LP 1982)

Dug out my original 1982 pressing of this superb dub poetry classic. Prompted by the fact that I see UMG have re issued it for the first time since original release as far as Im aware and in slightly expanded form.

Produced by Linton Kwesi Johnson and Dennis Bovell in London with the Dub Band (Matumbi), members of Aswad, Rico and other fine players.

Michael Smith was the real deal, an outspoken poet and political activist, there was a reall buzz on this guy in the early eighties but he was sadly murdered in Kingston surrounding events at a political rally where Mikey was brutally stoned to death by right wing thugs.
I remember some ignorant music journo in one of the mainstream papers (Sounds, NME…) crassly awarding Mikey the I got really stoned last night award grrrrrrr!

Anyway, I havent heard it, but if the new re issue sounds any good, I see they have squeezed some extra instrumental cuts onto the single vinyl which could be great or a sonic disaster, then I highly recommend checking it out.

Here is an interview with Paul Bradshaw shortly before his murder…

:heart:

4 Likes

Yet another artist from the dawn of time that I seem to have completely missed in my youth. With Julie Driscoll on vocals this organ led jazz funk is a lot of fun.

So much music, so little time :thinking:

10 Likes

Listening to this now while I see him live with the same program this Thursday….

9 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, The River. Qobuz.

12 Likes

Very jealous that you are seeing him live - couldn’t get the UK dates to work for me

John Martyn - Solid Air - 1973

I seem to be in this routine of having an ‘artist of the week’ at the moment, rather than the usual whimsical random picks. It’s happened with Donald Byrd, New Order, Dave Holland, Talking Heads and a few others of late.
I’ll see a doctor if it persists.

27 Likes

Original mono New York USA LP.

11 Likes

Playing on CD - Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard

22 Likes