What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Europe

Wings Of Tomorrow

Edward

3 Likes

On my way to a business meeting in France, Le Mans to be precise, off the train and spotted a CD shop. Late for the meeting but picked up this gem. Can’t remember the meeting but still remember this album.

Almost a Fairport Convention album with John Hiatt on backing vocals. Some superb guitar playing from Richard Thompson.

Richard Thompson - Hand of Kindness

23 Likes

Frank Zappa | Hot Rats | 1969
It was a big part of my musical yoof and still remains that today.

13 Likes

Belle And Sebastian - If You’re Feeling Sinister - CD

9 Likes

Now playing…

Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway - City of Gold

Molly Tuttle (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Kyle Tuttle (Banjo, Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro), Bronwyn Keith-Hynes (Fiddle, Vocals), Dominick Leslie (Mandolin), Dave Matthews (Vocals), Shelby Means (Bass, Vocals) and Jordan Perlsan (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this July 20th release from Molly and the Golden Highway and they are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Great call!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Inherited my dearly departed grandparents’ record collection recently. Nestled withing the reams of Irish folk albums and choral bangers were original copies of Bob Marley’s Legend LP and Waiting in Vain 12" single. Both records look absolutely ragged but play almost perfectly…

19 Likes

Madge from 2005.
CD rip

9 Likes

First tonight an old forgotten record that I got free from one of the hi-fi mags back in the day….

Elvis Costello - Blood & Chocolate

9 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Thank You, Its been a while since we saw any Belle and Sebastian played and hopefully this prompts a few more plays on others systems, enjoy

2 Likes

Mixed reception on release and Rosie Bones’ vocals are certainly an acquired taste but Beck’s guitar is at its dirtiest which means superb (to a non guitarist at any rate). Vinyl.

6 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a bit of Elvis

I’m a big fan of the man and I thought track one was an absolute belter but after that not so much…

Belle And Sebastian - The Boy With The Arab Strap - CD

6 Likes

Here’s another one…

Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Feel a Song

Started off well but Wifey McWifeface told me to turn the music off so haven’t listened all the way through yet :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Richard Thompson - Mirror Blue

Another album where his guitar playing is just brilliant - a masterclass in songwriting and guitar playing.

20 Likes

Arab Strap | Monday at the Hug & Pint | 2003
Well, it is Monday. These boys do misery, miserable and reality really well, observing and commenting on the real life of those less prileged .

5 Likes

First listen……and a bit of a gem, thanks @adeypoos

14 Likes

JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido.

20 Likes