What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I think you have to separate the guitar from the songs. I guess that’s why Beck has never settled into the traditional song based band format. I recall he once said he could never replace Rod Stewart and he turned out to be right. But far from his best album, as you say.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Meddle

28 Likes

Europe

Out Of This World

Edward

3 Likes

Neil Diamond, All Time Greatest Hits. Qobuz.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’n’Bone Man - Human (Deluxe)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning and heading into the noon hour with Rag’n’Bone Man’s ‘Human’ (Deluxe) album and the music is sounding sublime! …overcast, cool and currently raining with the forecast for more of the same. So some music with some indoor exercises…

16 Likes

Strange and silly fact - I’ve got more Neil Diamond albums than Pink Floyd - but I can’t play them! He was my mum’s favourite and I inherited all the albums but I won’t part with them! Daft I know!

3 Likes

Next from me ….
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

31 Likes

Bruce Springsteen. Born to run.
The first of his albums that I bought.
Absolute classic and not even his best imo.

23 Likes

Never noticed that badge on his guitar strap.

IMG_8177

4 Likes

Here’s one for @QuickSticks ….

Dream Theatre - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

6 Likes

An excellent jazz piano trio, led by the drummer Peter Erskine. Anything with the incomparable John Taylor is good in my book.

5 Likes

The greatest. There’s so much P&P activity going on right now, thanks to the BFI’s massive retrospective. It’s all very exciting…

7 Likes

Stephen Stills - Stephen Stills.

19 Likes

I like a bit of ‘exotica’ & Sumac is certainly that. Two 10” albums from 1950 & 53 on a 1966 rerelease. Picked this one up recently for £5 in really nice condition. Epitomises the joy of poking around in record shops. Streaming is brilliant but just not the same as handling records & chatting to shop owners, other customers.

6 Likes

Listened to a couple of albums from North Carolina’s Hiss Golden Messenger earlier today. First up was Terms of Surrender followed by Quietly Blowing It. Fine roots / country rock.

8 Likes

Excellent review of the retrospective and their work, in the Guardian. Worth reading if you are a fan. (A matter of life and death possibly my favourite film).

2 Likes

Yes I read it earlier @bruss

1 Like

A bargain - an extraordinary album.

1 Like

That is an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT album!
I have the Limited Edition box set version of that one Simon. It ends with Count of Tuscany, which is the song they have ended every gig I’ve ever seen them play.
Wembley last year was fabulous and it sounded like every member of the audience was singing the finale myself and Mrs QS included.
A very moving experience. :blush:

1 Like

Gillian Welch, time (the revelator). :smiling_face:

16 Likes