What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Not got that far - just swapped discs - side 3. But it’s sounding superb on vinyl - just lately been lazy and listening to my ripped CD’s on the Core but had a great night a few nights back listening to vinyl and am keeping it that way for a bit - just a shame that my vinyl collection isn’t as large as my CD’s!
:+1:

1 Like

It’s astonishing, to me at least, how good really old records can sound after a good clean. It’s available to stream but you just don’t get the same connection. I think you mentioned the album a while back so good shout. I only had Sumac on some Exotica compilations until now. I’d really like a nice copy of Taboo by Arthur Lyman but never bumped into a decent copy.

5 Likes

Rolling Stones. Singles Collection. The London Years. SACD.

15 Likes

Emeric Powell and Michael Pressberger?!!!

4 Likes

Oh dear! There’ll be a series about Fred Rogers and Ginger Astaire next

1 Like

Now playing…

Rag’N’Bone Man - Life By Misadventures

Rag’n’Bone Man (Vocals, Guitar), Mike Elizondo (Acoustic Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Electric Guitar), Wendy Melvoin (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele), Desri Ramus (Vocals), Sylvia Mwenze (Vocals), Daru Jones (Drums), Bill Banwell (Electric Guitar, Bass )Ben Jackson-Cook (Piano, Synthesizer), Peter Josef (Vocals) and Peter Gregson (Cellist).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continued on this afternoon while exercising with another album from the Rag’N’Bone Man and he and the band are sounding sublime! I am enjoying the music, one 'ell of a voice…

13 Likes

A change of style some early Sylvian….

Japan - Obscure Alternatives

13 Likes

As you are probably aware, it is the whole of side 4…:wink:

1 Like

Yes just finished - sounded amazing - really enjoying the system in the new room now! So glad I went for the simpler 222/300/250 in the smaller room. Amazed how the Monitor Audio speakers sound now as well - glad I didn’t shrink them!
:+1:

1 Like

Katie Melua, acoustic album no.8. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Not Taboo but some Arthur Lyman to join in the exotica tonight!

5 Likes

s-l500
Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Volume 1-3, playing a compilation cd with tracks chosen from the last two discs.

18 Likes

Great compilation but album title is a bit misleading as some of the songs were recorded nowhere near London in places like Alabama (last time I checked was in America) and Stargrove in Hampshire among others. :sunglasses:

If I ain’t wrong it’s called “The London Years” because they are the american singles who was released on the London label in the US.

1 Like

…and Decca in the UK. It should be the London and Decca Years before they started their own label. Still misleading afaiac.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Right now;

12 Likes

Roger Waters Amused to Death - Remastered

17 Likes

Brilliant interplay between piano and mandolin.

Something magical happened in the studio that day.

With a nod to Dylan near the end - Don’t think twice, it’s alright.

4 Likes

Jefferson Airplane Volunteers

11 Likes

Finished yesterday with an earlier Riverside album. Decided to start this morning with something in a similar vein. An early Katatonia album.

These two bands have really grabbed my attention of late and I have yet to listen to anything by either of them that has disappointed me.
I feel a shopping spree coming up…:face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes