What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Joining you with something from the Airplane @Pete_the_painter
Surrealistic Pillow

Always loved this album.

13 Likes

On Japanese CD paper sleeve.
Was not sure if I had it when younger, but recognised the first notes straight away.
Definitely ‘lighter’ in tone than the earlier albums.

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to play anti war albums feel we need to give out some peaceful vibes. :grin:

3 Likes

Roxy Music. Country life.
No reason really.

26 Likes

Blue Lake - Sun Arcs.
“Copenhagen-based Jason Dungan makes fully transportive music as Blue Lake. Sun Arcs is an absolutely perfect folk/ambient/new age/neo-classical hybrid, with the musician blending a 48-string zither, acoustic guitars, a Roland 606 drum machine, clarinet and more into these beauteous and buzzing instrumental compositions.”

Not sure if you can find this nowadays.

Roy Harper - Once

A certain David Gilmour on guitar and a Kate Bush on backing vocals.

Track 4 is the protest song to top all protest songs.

9 Likes

Mr Phil Collins (surely a Sir is deserved by now) & his wonderful debut Solo offering.

25 Likes

Saw this reviewed on Aquarium Drunkard - dreamy folk/soul with lovely vocals. Meernaa - So Far So Good.

1 Like

Argh great choice Alan

Just so many great songs on it…even Bucks Fizz covered Love The One Your With.
Cherokee and Sit Your Self Down are perfect and Claptons guitar solo on Go Back Home is absolutely amazing.
Its just a perfect debut solo album isn’t it.

A mate got me into Stills about 10 years ago . He told me in the 1970’ s he got an American football shirt with the number on it .As Stills used to wear one such was his love for Stills.My mate sadly passed on a couple of years ago at 75.

So whenever I play Stills or Manassas I always think of him and like to think hes giving the thumbs up from above …

4 Likes

Charlie - Fight Dirty
Takes me back 50 years when Charlie were supporting Stray.

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist quoting Country Joe lyrics .

IMG_2829

Black humour from the Woodstock generation

9 Likes

I’ll check it out tomorrow thanks for the heads up. :+1:

1 Like

Not sure I can quote a from Roy Harper’s Track 4 off Once it is in a different league when it comes to protect songs.

Country Joe adds the right amount of humour a bit like Arlo Gutherie’s Alice’s Restaurant.

2 Likes

Can’t find that album on Qobuz unfortunately.

Just sublime. Thanks to @TheKevster for posting.

2 Likes

11 Likes

As I was interrupted by more pressing events yesterday, giving this another spin…

2023 Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Inspired by @PaperPlane , will spend the day with diesel park west … starting with early albums before moving on to more recent efforts.

6 Likes

It is on discogs……but the shipping is expensive, and mainly vinyl

1 Like

And his dad wasn’t bad. Which reminds me to dig out that Bragg/Wilco collaboration.

2 Likes