What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

More Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

15 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin - CD Mono box set

16 Likes

‘Rarities’ - The Rutles

‘Long Tall Silly’ et al

9 Likes

IMG_0681

2002 Naim Label vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

10 Likes

Listened to this while carrying out some chores earlier. Jamestown Revival - San Isabel. Country / Americana, with fine vocals reminiscent of Simon & Garfunkel and The Everly Brothers. Contains a melancholic cover of California Dreamin’.

7 Likes

Time for some Dream Theater and Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Started it on NDX2, but it’s coming straight off.
Vinyl is better…:wink:

5 Likes

That’s better…:blush:
That’s what the Limited Edition box set looks like @SimonDC. It’s velvet covered by the way😉
EDIT
Goodness, this Lingo 4 is quite amazing☺️

5 Likes

James Hunter - People Gonna Talk.

6 Likes

2023 Everything But The Girl - Fuse, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

Surprisingly the database accessed by Core recognised it!

You’re just showing off now!
:wink: :+1:

1 Like

Holy crap – it’s Rush again, this time with their best album, on UK first press vinyl!

17 Likes

Now that’s real class.
I have one of those too. I was quite stunned with the quality of the 40th Anniversary Edition on Vinyl however.

3 Likes

Not heard that one Simon, is this the one you mean?

2 Likes

No Lowdene I was transferring the tracks to a Mac.
Having said that I do have the 2 Christmas Mojo cds on the Core and I’m fairly sure it recognised the data.

I will say one thing. It would seem that the NDX2 has still got some way to go. It’s definitely still not as organic as the LP12. I realise that it probably never will be 100%, but the variation shouldn’t be that obvious I think.
Highs are still a touch sharp and Lows are not as rich.
Still, it’s only a month old and I only ran it 24 hours a day on low with radio for 5 days.
Maybe I should let it run that way for another week or so to give it more burn in time…:thinking:

1 Like

Yep, that’s it.
It’s also available on Qobuz and probably Tidal et al…
I can’t fault it. My original has been played heavily so it’s probably a bit worn😉, the new one though is so crisp and clear it’s fabulous.

1 Like

Did you try an external psu when you had a demo……the xps makes a for a big uplift. It will never sound like an lp12, not designed to replicate vinyl but should still be very enjoyable. As you say maybe a few more weeks to go.

2 Likes

Louis Armstrong. Tenderly/You’ll never walk alone.
I’ve been searching for this track for over 20 years.
I remember Humphrey Littleton playing it on the radio and he confessed he always cried when it switches to You’ll never walk alone.
Good old Qobuz.

9 Likes

One more Rush - UK first press vinyl:

12 Likes