What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

They must have done a repress, grab one, I doubt you will be dissapointed

1 Like

Oh, I didnt realise your not currently vinylised. Mr Bongo did a good job, Abbey Rd mastering and faithfull reproduction of the original top loading sleeve and Vertigo swirl label.
I expect the CD to be decent though, Mr Bongo dont mess around

2 Likes

Have couple of boxes of vinyl in the loft, but not sure there’s much I’d play these days, and the cost of new, decent albums is prohibitive for me. But I do spend a fair amount of time drooling over old LP12s and Regas on the Bay. It’s possible I’ll hit the buy button after a bottle or two one of these nights, I guess. :grin:

1 Like

I need to join in the Rush-fest … knew I couldn’t hold out for too long :canada:

2112 on CD first, the 20 minutes of ‘side 1’ possibly my favourite of theirs.

12 Likes

Fantastic choice, I love this one :ok_hand:

Herbie Hancock Speak Like A Child / 1987 Blue Note / Japan for US CD / CDP7461362

13 Likes

‘Disraeli Gears’ - Cream

Giving ‘Tales of Brave Ulysses’ a blast on a wet and miserable afternoon.

“You thought the leaden winter, would bring you down forever…”

17 Likes

Godsized - Heavy Lies The Crown

I really enjoyed this album. I bought it after reading an interview with their drummer in Rhythm magazine.
Guy was holding down multiple jobs etc just to make ends meet whilst they tried to get the band into the public eye.
It’s a shame that they didn’t seem to make it🫤

1 Like

The remastered version is available to stream already, ahead of the 27 Oct release date.

8 Likes

Rush - Hemispheres

I thought I’d join in with the Rush action with this one. CD ripped to core and streamed through ND555. I apologise to @QuickSticks if I was meant to play A Farewell to Kings first, but I couldn’t remember the rule!

BTW it’s sounding mighty good. Better than I remember.

15 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska - CD

15 Likes

1st run

2 Likes
7 Likes

.sjb

22 Likes

Forgiven.
It’s only a really rule if you play A Farewell to Kings first, which of course you should!:wink:

1 Like

I might play it next - I’ve always been a bit rebellious. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Prompted by @Anonymoot and @Rigsby21

:heart:

4 Likes

As the CD player is on, a quick blast of this gem, the 2011 version.
33 years old?, get outta here :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Never the best place to store them really.
Scott would struggle with the winter up there in mine and its blisteringly hot in summer.

I started reading Kurt Cobain’s bio many years back but its still on the shelf unfinished, too depressing.

1 Like