What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Think I’d be more tempted to go with a new/ish CD player/transport!
But don’t “Rush” into anything - sorry couldn’t resist.
:wink: :rofl: :+1:

Well, I took a measured view and slept on the decision Simon.
The wife and I discussed the situation over lunch (yes, she’s at home today) and decided to buy a CDT.
I discovered that one of Audiolab’s dealers were selling brand new boxed 7000 CDT’s in their eBay shop at a vastly reduced price, so I bought one. I also had an extra 10% code, so it cost me less than a brand new 6000CDT…:man_shrugging:t2:
It will be here Monday.
I also invested in a preloved Nordost SP/Dif to BNC cable to connect it to the NDX2.
I’ll be playing CD’s again by Wednesday😊

5 Likes

Rush, rush, rush that’s you all over…
:rofl:

2 Likes

Life’s too short to mess about.
24 hours to make a decision on such a thing isn’t TOOOO hasty…:wink:
Besides, I’d been considering a CDT for quite some time, therefore the choice was relatively easy when the numbers were so favourable. :blush:
PS: It’ll be nice to be able to play my RUSH cd’s again😂

3 Likes

Can’t fault you!
Enjoy it!
Let us know what it sounds like compared to your streamer?
ATB

1 Like

Some early Cave and The Bad Seeds from 88’.

13 Likes

I bought the 7000 CDT on a similar deal recently - it’s a great bit of kit. Enjoy your Rush CDs. Someone has to. :wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Paul Butterfield Blues Band (Early 70s UK ‘butterfly’ label 11-track stereo LP issue of their smoking 1965 debut,

THE_BUTTERFIELD_BLUES_BAND_THE+PAUL+BUTTERFIELD+BLUES+BAND-5347621

11 Likes

I have Skeleton Tree, my problem with Ghosteen is its just too powerful and personal outpouring of grief, I just cant handle it.
There was a series of re issues a few years back and I bought Lyre Of Orpheus/Abbatoir Blues but it sounded horrible like it was mastered from a low res compressed file. Or its not a very good recording?

1 Like

Duff McKagan - Lighthouse

On Mrs QS’ system ND5 XS2
Enjoying it even more than I thought I would😊

1 Like

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus - CD

18 Likes

13 Likes

Maybe just maybe you’re trying hard to like it and it’s not for you. Chill out and put some Lee “Scratch” Perry on!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ha! Good advice :heart:

Prefab Sprout - Jordan: The Comeback. This is the 2-LP 2019 remaster and it sounds magnificent.

15 Likes

As prescribed by Dr Tony MD

Fekkin cheek, but I’ll take it! :wink:

10 Likes

Don’t play many compilations, but I can make exceptions. But will have to skip BOTW, heard it far too much at the time.

19 Likes

14 Likes

Seen this appear on the threads few times and thought I’d give it a try…

5 Likes

I betcha did…I betcha did…nudge nudge…

1 Like