What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

R.E.M. - Document

Popped up a few days ago in the thread and inspired an adding to the queue.

10 Likes

Black Uhuru - Showcase (Virgin Frontline LP 1979)

Classic Uhuru album in extended mixes Showcase stylee. That Keef Richard geezer turns up again guesting on Shine Eye Gal. He apparently collaborated on a number of tunes with Black Uhuru at Channel One but to the best of my knowledge none other than Shine Eye have ever surfaced.

You can check it out on Qobuz from this alternatively titled Canadian Heartbeat label issue, not heard this one but Heartbeat are usually reliable…

:heart:

6 Likes

1968 - Alvin Lee and Ten Years After live.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

To be fair, found it a bit bland Dread🤷🏽‍♂️
I’ve moved on to another new release (it’s all about new music for me today😊) Laura Misch - Sample The Sky

1 Like

Some rarities from the one and only RT. Just caught my eye as I searched for a different album.

4 Likes

14 Likes

It’s no Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers or Some Girls but it’s definitely the Stones. Vinyl sounds a lot better than streaming.
I like it!:sunglasses:

18 Likes

Being a male dominated forum I think the attraction isnt neccesarily musical hence my peurile Python gag

1 Like

I’m a big Nick Cave seen him four times now, all great gigs.

Try ‘The Boatman’s Call’ some lovely ballads, wrote when splitting up with PJ Harvey.

Seemingly when asked how he felt when she broke it off Cave said “I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe.”

8 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery - CD

Seems to be an ELP day today.

15 Likes

It was noted and filed😉

1 Like

Smokey. Very gifted writer and lyricist imho. Some great songs.

“Robinson wrote more than 4,000 songs and dozens of Top 40 hits, including “My Girl” for The Temptations, “My Guy” for Mary Wells and “Ain’t That Peculiar” for Marvin Gaye. But Robinson also sang many of his hits: “The Tracks of My Tears,” “I Second That Emotion” and “The Tears of a Clown,” among them.”

7 Likes

Another week of graft duly consigned to the history books … time for a cheeky feel-good play of this from way back in 1979…

7 Likes

I’m almost afraid to listen to this.
As somebody stated regarding aging rockers who think they’re still in their 20s ‘‘Please make them stop’’

Edit: So I just did a quick sampling and the only tune I find listenable is ‘‘Tell me Straight’’ with Keith doing the lead vocals.
Used to be a big fan but I guess I’m just tired of them overdoing it, Mick’s vocals, the posing, the prancing, etc.

1 Like

and that’s getting a spin later as well :+1:

1 Like

I think that might prompt some sad memories

1 Like

I file this one next to my back issues of Razzle

:wink:

11 Likes

Forget this bo#^*+*s about ageing stars. They sound like the Stones.
Listen (it’s great on vinyl :wink:) and enjoy it!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Back to the vibes…

Bunny Wailer - Rock N Groove (Solomonic LP 1981)

Weekend approaching with Bunny’s brilliant and classic uplifting celebration of the dance hall, good times and cool runnings.

Mind you with retirement its permanent weekend, no wonder I’m knackered! :joy:
:heart:

4 Likes

Timeless, and such a great great recording.

G

30 Likes