What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Giving this re-issue some heavy blasting today. Pure electro-pop wonderment, much more club orientated than their studio albums.

Relentless/PSB

Also, the “remaster” actually sounds dynamically good, and not just compressed loudness.

5 Likes

Bob James Grand Piano Canyon / 1990 Warner / US CD / 9262562

Bob James Piano, Synthesizer
Chris Hunter Alto Saxophone
Roger Rosenberg Baritone Saxophone
Andy Snitzer, Michael Brecker Tenor Saxophone
Randy Brecker, Jon Faddis Trumpet
Nathan East, Gary King, Abraham Laboriel Bass
Lee Ritenour, Dean Brown, Eric Gale Guitar
Paulinho Da Costa, Leonard “Doc” Gibbs Percussion
Harvey Mason Drums

4 Likes

Great sounding record

7 Likes

Playing on CD - Logos part 1 is superb so well crafted and takes you on a journey.
The keyboard sequencing is stunning a real favorite of theirs.

11 Likes

It’s very nice.
For what it sounds like, basically it’s a subtle variation on the NDX2 really. It’s not exactly the same, but the output phase is the NDX2’s DAC, so very similar really.

2 Likes

5198zBwUeYL.AC
Del Amitri - Can You Do Me Good?

2 Likes

I agree. I’m playing it now and enjoying very much

3 Likes

Mel Torme - Comin Home Baby - CD

3 Likes

Back after lunch and was going to continue with CD’s, but my CD of Scorpions - Crazy World is in a shocking state🤷🏽‍♂️
So back to the NDX2 for this one…:blush:

4 Likes

Vinyl - Golden oldies time !

6 Likes

I haven’t listened to this in years!! I bought it on release and played it a lot back then, but then it sort of got forgotten about for some reason.

26 Likes

With all this recent Rush activity I am feeling the force!
The only thing holding me back at the present time is that Mrs M is watching a wee movie and I reckon she would give off to me about the required volume level!! Though I could reach for the headphones.

1 Like

Must consider getting this one on vinyl as well …

9 Likes

Paul McCartney - New (Deluxe Edition).

9 Likes

Monoplay, Anymore EP, great tunes pumping in the cabin / garden with the gorgeous late sun.

Inspired by @Buster. Streaming rather than vinyl, but what an album. Moanin’ is one of my favourite tunes. Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots.

11 Likes

Difficult to pick a favourite from the classic Santana albums, but this is right up there.

G

21 Likes

Max Richter - The New Four Seasons - CD

13 Likes

Isn’t it funny, when you’re sorting CD’s, what you come across and are then possessed to play😊
The Diary of Alicia Keys

7 Likes

3 Likes