What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Must admit too, it’s not the first Free album I normally reach for, but really enjoyed it again.

3 Likes

Yes I really liked it - has a Traffic feel - which given the label and Chris Wood plays on one track is not entirely surprising.

2 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street - CD

20 Likes

Never gets old. Sounding truly wonderful on CD on the nearfield system. Mrs R just popped her head round the door, said “it’s hole, actually”, then popped out again.

26 Likes

That is wonderful.

2 Likes

I often feel frustrated at the end of Pink Floyd’s Animals as it’s always over so quickly, which is frustrating mainly because it’s my favourite Floyd album🫤

Moved back to the house to start dinner and decided to continue the Pink Floyd.
50th Anniversary Dark Side of the Moon on the ND5 XS2

23 Likes

Now playing…

Bat For Lashes - The Haunted Man

Natasha Khan (Autoharp, Bass, Bells, Celeste, Cymbals, Drums, Harmonium, Harp, Mellotron, Omnichord, Percussion, Piano, Thumb Piano, Shaker, Synthesizer, Vocals), T.J. Allen (Synthesizer), Brendan Ashe (Vocals, Piano),Maximillian Bailey (Viola), Nick Barr (Viola), Natalia Bonner (Violin), Ian Burdge (Cello), Dan Carey (Bass, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Ben Christophers (Vocals), Ali Doda (Violin), Rob Ellis (Vocals, Drums, Marimba), James Ford (Synthesizer), Louisa Fuller (Violin), Beck Hansen (Drum Machine, Guitar, Synthesizer), Sophie Harris (Cello), Ian Humphries (Violin), Sarah Jones (Vocals), Michael Kearsey (Trombone), Tariq Khan (Synthesizer), David Kosten (Beats, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocoder), Rick Koster (Violin), Oliver Langford (Violin), Eliza Marshall (Flute, Bass Flute), Jeff Moore (Violin), Everton Nelson (Violin), Daniel Newell (Trumpet), Tom Pigott-Smith (Violin), Jeremy Pritchard (Bass),Richard Pryce (Double Bass), Lucy Railton (Cello), Kate Robinson (Violin),Steve Russell (Double Bass), David Andrew Sitek (Synthesizer), Michael Spearman (Drums),Leo Taylor(Drums), Adrian Utley (Guitar, Synthesizer), Chris Vatalaro (Timpani), Finn Vine (Guitar), Vicci Wardman (Viola), Richard Watkins (French Horn), Bruce White (Viola) and Chris Worsey (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention earlier had me place Natasha in the queue and now taking out for a spin and She and the talented group of musicians supporting her are sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

I enjoy the rawness of the close-miked bonus tracks on this release of American Beauty.

G

13 Likes

Alice Cooper - School’s Out

Along with Killer this album got a remastering and expanded release this year. The Hi Res is astonishing - a fantastic job - the bass is superb.

I took advantage of Hi Res Audio 12% off sale together with the credit you get on each buy. Worked out cheaper than the Qobuz sublime price.

IMG_8205

18 Likes

Didn’t get no pants with it didya? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Jon Strong - Follow Me. Folkish rock. Great voice, tight band. Saw them many times in the 80s and early 90s. This is the Linn reissue cover, having to stream it because the Cyrus CDT won’t play my 30 year old CD without skipping :disappointed:. The Audiolab 7000 plays it faultlessly, just shows the progress in tech.

4 Likes

No digital panties these days.

1 Like

3 Likes

‘Electric Savage’ and ‘Wardance’ are great as well!

2 Likes

Have been after this on vinyl for quite a while, managed to get the limited edition white version, first spin and its sounding very good!!

IMG_0702

:sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

Me too. Also ‘Can You Hear Me?’ and ‘The Sisters’ from ‘Novella’. :smiley:

3 Likes

Great album with a great drum solo on ‘Nardis’ (Really!).

G

12 Likes

Taste - On The Boards, their second and last album.

12 Likes

Hi Naimsw

I will play Novella tonight as have it on the shelf.Thanks for the tip

The track Scheherazade is just brilliant and one of those tracks once it starts I always play to the end
Annie’s vocals on it are amazing especially The Wedding …what a voice she has especially back then.
I think she had a 3 octave voice

2 Likes

Andrew Hill - Dance With Death (Tone Poet/Blue Note)

This has to be the best Andrew Hill Blue Note Album - at least the best I’ve heard after Black Fire and Point Of Departure which are also premiere league - and one of the very best from the TP series

:heart:

9 Likes