What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The new album from Sampha - ‘Lahai’. Amazing list of collaborators including Yussef Dayes and Morgan Simpson from black midi. I really like this

4 Likes

Funny that…was just thinking the same thing. :grin:

1 Like

Jerry Goldsmith

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Director’s Edition (Music from the Motion Picture)

Edward

10 Likes

Original 2014 release on limited cd. Ripped.
Sounding gorgeous.

2 Likes

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue - 1963

Off to a high-brow jazzy start this evening before I lob the Peter Andre on later :+1:

18 Likes

David Baerwald - Triage and David + David - Boomtown.

Two albums recommended by @AndyP not too long ago. He was right - they are terrific. The link between both being David Baerwald. At the moment, I can’t stop playing Triage.

6 Likes

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore.

An epic soundtrack!

11 Likes

First press (textured cover) of Syd’s second album. Fine sounding it is too.

15 Likes

It is an amazing album. Back in the day I got my guitar tutor to write out the chords to The Postman.

You have to step back and say how can someone write an album of this beauty and remain largely unknown.

Let’s keep it out secret (silken world)

Noticed this had been rereleased prompting me to dig out my old vinyl. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster To quote Gerri Halliwell of all people. Terrific.

6 Likes

I completely agree. The songs are quite varied in sound and the quality of the song-writing shines through. He seems to have had a varied career and I see he has recently written a novel, The Fire Agent.

1 Like

Mavis Staples - Live In London
vinyl|2019

I had not listened to Mavis Staples before this album. What hooked me was her cover of “Slippery People”. As it turned out, I really like this whole album. One day I will get around to listening to more of her catalog.

19 Likes

Good call … I’ve got a couple of early JTQ’s. Not heard much about them of late?

1 Like

Just home after doing battle with the M25 so recovering with some Ra time and this (comparatively) chilled classic on top Philly Jazz reissue.

13 Likes

Foghat | Fool for the City | 1971
Just because this oldie caught my eye while flicking through the virtual library

9 Likes

GAS - Königsforst - 1998

In that far-flung Aphex Twin/Biosphere realm of the Omniverse…

2 Likes

Various Artists

Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Subspace Rhapsody (Original Series Soundtrack)

Edward

8 Likes

I really love the look of your turntable. Would go well with my Vertere phono stage, if I ever move my LP12 on.

1 Like

Like you I’ve not followed their trajectory but they’re still going I believe.