What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Foy Vance | Hope | 2007
A wonderful debut solo album away from his soul and funk band. Strangely it was another six years until he released his next solo and it has all been good for him from there on in. A track on this one, ‘An indiscriminate act of kindness’, is the kind of music the world needs to be out here right now.

6 Likes

Yes there is a bit of The Fall essence there. I have one of the limited edition presses and really like it, I you do too.

I first heard them on Radio 6 Music driving home one day. They were doing a live set for Steve Lemacq and it was awesome, so I ordered the LP as so as I got home!

1 Like

The TT looks are a bit marmite but I like marmite. For the cost the sound can’t be faulted. I use it with the Vertere Phono-1 MKII L Phono Preamp, which matches the design of the DG-1. The TT and preamp’s presentation are so good, that I prefer listening to this combo over my NDX2/XPSDR.

2 Likes

Typical Hannibal Records release. Great SQ and lovely versions of some great tunes including some Mingus and a Doors Trilogy. Vinyl.

4 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western star. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

R-4024167-1357462779-9651
The Best Of Steely Dan.

18 Likes

Playing on vinyl
Just brilliant from The Byrds one of their best albums
So psychedelic in places especially Thoughts And Words
Only one stinker of a track David Crosby’s Mind Gardens an absolute racket
But thats subjective.

8120emQfphL.UF350,350_QL50

21 Likes

The Who Maximum As & Bs - CD

17 Likes

Shirley Bassey

I Owe It All To You

Edward

12 Likes

Taking The Lamb for a quick spin …

22 Likes

Bedtime tunes:

5 Likes

Supertramp, brother where you bound. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Austrian reggae! Side 2, the dub versions is best.

1 Like

I was driving home yesterday while listening to Radio 6 Music, as I do, and Wreckless Eric was being interviewed by Steve Lemacq.

What a decent down to earth bloke he is, so I had to pop this on. I have always liked this one and the SQ is pretty good too.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Sting - The Last Ship, this features some of the material he used in his play regarding the loss of shipbuilding in Wallsend, N. Tyneside. Great use of excellent local musicians.

11 Likes

Kristina Train - Dark Black. Just given this a listen after seeing it posted by @HappyListener and also mentioned by @Pete_the_painter. Very enjoyable and I noted a couple of songs were co-written with Simon Aldred (formerly of Cherry Ghost) which has to be a good thing in my book.

4 Likes

Grunge reggae stylee

3 Likes

Martin Nonstatic. 2014

2 Likes

Randy Travis, Storms Of Life. Qobuz.

4 Likes