What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Lucinda Williams, car wheels on a gravel road. :smiling_face:

18 Likes

Staying with the Geordie boys

81IUT240SnL._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2
Bryan Ferry - As Time Goes By.

16 Likes

I love Brahms - and Goerne.

6 Likes

Whitney Houston

Whitney

Edward

9 Likes

Hi @patk — can I recommend this. Mavis Staples, Hope at the Hideout. A wonderful live set, very well recorded, with Mavis in full flow, with great backings. One of my desert island CDs.

It’s just fun and then some. Anyone who likes gospel blues and R&B, this is one for you.

12 Likes

It’s arrived! The Third Mind 2. Just listened to it on the way to work and it is bloody brilliant. Already a contender for record of the year after one listen

10 Likes

Just listened to the opener ‘Groovin’ is easy’ 3 times in a row. What a wig out

2 Likes

Just ordered,arrives tomorrow!

I love her. Check her beautiful song If it be your will on the tribute to Leonard Cohen album

9 Likes

Fish

Vigil In The Wilderness Of Mirrors

Edward

9 Likes

On CD:-

Tangerine Dream - Thief

11 Likes

:japanese_ogre::+1:

Love this album.
What a great debut ‘Solo’ album, following his parting with Marillion. :heart:

Why? Needed something rambunctious to accompany the housework.

steve

1 Like

BW certainly has a fine pair of lungs and good to hear OP being a symbiotic accompanist refraining from his usual pyrotechnics. Classy!

13 Likes

Did you win?

Brilliant album, Little Roy veteran elder of Roots Reggae covering Nirvana seems most unlikely but works so surprisingly well, good sound on my original vinyl copy too, produced by Brightons Prince Fatty.

:heart:

4 Likes

Started the day with something a little different from my usual musical diet, after catching a bit of her tinkling the ivory’s on the telly.

:heart:

5 Likes

Playing on CD - Majestic @ Court music of the day

8 Likes

Listening to this. Why?

Fancied hearing Natalie and the band on this overcast Autumn morning.

Their last hoorah with NM and the lead up to the timeless solo effort of Tigerlily.

14 Likes