What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Big thank you to @BertBird for the Sylvan post in the Gigs thread :+1:t4:.
Never hear them before, but absolutely loving this…:blush:

Glad you like it, please have a listen to this one, an absolute masterpiece of progressive rock (concept album)

4 Likes

Great album…

2 Likes

One of my CD releases of the year, for sure.

9 Likes

Wish she was still curating the Bath Jazz Festival weekend !

1 Like

Mellow tunes, as the rain precipitates down, again.

G

9 Likes

By recommendation of @BertBird
I really enjoyed One to Zero and am now REALLY enjoying Posthumous Silence.
How have I never heard of this band…:man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Prompted by @Tapp earlier post

Some more Little Roy

Tafari Earth Uprising (Pressure Sounds)

Essential compilation of early seventies deep roots and rastafari classics, dissapointingly out of print but Discogs might be your friend for LP/CD

Prophecy (Tafari LP)

Nice late eighties album consisting primarily of updated re recordings of early classics, but not just a lazy re tread, self produced for his own Tafari label.

The aformentioned (and posted by Tapp) Battle For Seattle set of Nirvana covers, this is the lovely 2011 Ark Records LP, produced by Prince Fatty with a superb line up of some cream Jamaican musicians.
Currently out of print but can be checked out on streaming.

His late nineties collaboration with Adrian Sherwood’s On-U Sound, which isnt hard to find and on streaming including Qobuz

Longtime (On-U Sound)

Little Roy is still actively recording and has a new album out now - God Is Good - but I’ve not heard it yet.

I must say I’m really enjoying the prompts from members here the last few days, respect!

:heart:

4 Likes

I see she has some recordings with Andy Sheppard I will have to check out.
Including some recordings of Moondog which piqued my attention

5 Likes

I did see her on piano in a recital once and I think it might have been with Andy Sheppard (Warminster’s finest) but memories are now hazy !

2 Likes

I see amongst other things she’s musical director of Brighton Philharmonic, a brief highlight of her on local telly a couple of nights ago and I thought must check her out

1 Like

Bowie is above all else a great singer I think. This EP is a fine example. It’s why I’m giving it a spin.

9 Likes

This is an epic remaster

10 Likes

Bought the first one but slow off the blocks with this one. Thanks for heads up :+1:

1 Like

Neil on fine form.

G

18 Likes

Keeping me distracted while I deep clean the kitchen.

3 Likes

Cracking! Sally Go Round The Roses an instant favourite. Vinyl on order.

The up and coming Manchester based artist chxmist‘s new single, just released today, on rotation chez Sloop.

Feel Me - chxmist.

Spotify

Tidal

Qobuz

YouTube

(Disclaimer: I share some genetic code with the artist known as chxmist)

.sjb

2 Likes

More relaxing harmonies from Muskrat Lovin’ America.

G

5 Likes

The Beatles. Rubber soul.
Because disappointingly it looks like it’s not going to get the full box treatment this year as it’s been decided to release the Red and Blue compilations instead. Which I will not be buying.

20 Likes