What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Damn! :disappointed:

1 Like

First spin for this CD.

3 Likes

Maria Muldaur - Southern Winds - CD

8 Likes

Not so hayzee - saw them at Snape Maltings on the same tour. Not sure it entirely worked - both too polite. This was the album on Sound Circus.

2 Likes

Spli Enz,True Colours. Remastered by Eddie Rayner,soundings pretty good.

5 Likes

Just delivered, Simple Minds Live from Paisley Abbey.

7 Likes

Such a fantastic voice. Countertenor Andreas Scholl. For many years I lived in his neighbourhood in Kiedrich/Rheingau. Seen him once live in a concert.

2 Likes

Someone earlier mentioned James Taylor Quartet, sorry for not remembering who but big yourself up.

James Taylor Quartet - Get Organized

I remember last seeing them at my little local arts centre. Someone must have got the wrong end of the stick as the space had been set out like an intimate Jazz club with tables and candles, a lot of the audience looked like they had come out expecting to hear an after hours Jazz “Quartet”.
The looks on the audience faces as JTQ ripped into a turbocharged Acid Jazz Hammond wig out on The Sidewinder was priceless but they soon got it, fantastic gig!

:heart:

6 Likes

First spin…

Analogue Productions Atlantic 75 Audiophile Series 45rpm vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

14 Likes

Blimey - I initially read that as the 75th anniversary of the album :scream:

There again, it was ground-breaking stuff when it came out.

Why not? I think they contain a number of additional tracks, including some early material from George as well as the ‘new’ single. I’m sure I’ll yield and buy a third copy of each (as a set).

3 Likes

Caravan - Cunning Stunts

Probably my favourite Caravan album. Their last album for Decca, which contained some of the group’s most mature, melodic and ambitious music, with the 18-minute The Dabsong Conshirtoe being one highlight.

This is a great pressing on 180g vinyl, apart from an irritating micro scratch (visible) at the end of side two affecting the last 30s of The Fear and Loathing in Tollington Park Rag. So now I guess this will need to go back.

12 Likes

Playing on vinyl

17 Likes

Well it’s early days Clive but I have so many of the tracks many times over but I will certainly stream to see what the (new) material is like. And then probably give in as usual.
I was really looking forward to Rubber soul and most of all Beatles for sale which means that will be delayed a further year.

1 Like

Mind you dont get flagged :wink:

Rocktastic! Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs live from NYC. Imagine Sabbath but formed 50 years later in the Toon rather than Brum

1 Like

Someone mentioned this being re issued and out today.
Enough of a prompt to wip out my original…

Prince & NPG - Diamonds And Pearls (Warners/Paisley Park 2LP)

:heart:

12 Likes

One of my all time favorite recordings. J.S. Bach, greatest of all composers, died at 65 from a stroke that was probably caused by his longtime Diabetes. If Ozempic only had been invented earlier. I love Bach more than any other composer. More than Mozart and Beethoven. Even more than Richard Wagner.
As I play the classical guitar for many years, I picked out this benchmark recording. BTW Bach is damn difficult on the guitar, particularly the six lute suites. I also play the cello suites (parts of both circles) und some of the pieces from the violin paritas which are technically easier to play as bowed instruments do not have the complex polyphonic structure of the lute. Julian Bream has always been my most beloved guitar hero. His playing touches me emotionally. Much more than that of John Williams and younger players who impress more with their impeccable technique. RIP Maestro Bream.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Quick play of this RSD 2020 EP…

IMG_0706

The Pineapple Thief - Uncovering The Tracks, on red translucent vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

Tracks re-recorded with new drummer Gavin Harrison.

6 Likes