What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

Ozric Tentacles - Lotus Unfolding

Robin Trower - Joyful Sky

8 Likes

The National - Laugh Track. First listen.

10 Likes

2023 clear vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

21 Likes

Record clamp is magnetic rather than screw thread I believe making for swifter cleaning. Like you I have Alu 2 and my wife says it’s the best upgrade I ever made.

1 Like

A few seconds swifter.
I was just reading about it, nothing I can see that would make much difference in terms of performance over the VCS 2 alu

Goldfrapp - Supernature - CD

15 Likes

Tbh I think I prefer a screw thread. I blame the magnetic puck for at least 1 of my Naim CD failures. As you say though, it won’t improve performance.

1 Like

New ones are beyond my budget, so may have to settle for one of the older machines. If there’s been an upgrade, that might lower prices for the 2 ALU I guess. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Brilliant put down.

5 Likes

Just made an interesting new discovery…

Jamaican bandleader and vibes player Lennie Hibbert has a well known tune Village Soul on his superb 1968 Studio One Creation album. It was popularised as the theme tune to JBC Radio’s Sound Of Young Jamaica with the brilliant Winston The Whip Williams, check this out for radio broadcast DJ Jamaica style…priceless!

I’ve been familiar with this Lennie Hibbert tune for donkeys years, so imagine my surprise when a little bird told me “hey thats a cover of The Village Caller by Johnny Lytle”
Who? Never heard of him, well I do now and its on Qobuz

Still prefer Lennie’s version, but I am unashamedly biased of course.

:heart:

3 Likes

Never had a problem with my Naim CD puck, still using the original one, must be 20 years old

The Third Mind/2
Enjoyed the stream so much I had to buy the cd.
Psychedelia

11 Likes

Nancy Sinatra hits package, listening to the Lee Hazlewood penned tracks of which there are 13 here.

.sjb

12 Likes

2023 Everything But The Girl - Fuse, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jessi Colter - Edge of Forever

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with this new release from Jessi, October 26, and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet on the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

Wings - London Town.

12 Likes

23 Likes

Early start to todays evening session - not been working today had hospital appointment instead!

U2 - The Joshua Tree

20 Likes

Deep, moody, downbeat, contemporary electronic digital dub, acoustic hand drumming, shades of current UK Jazz and poetic lyricism from Rider Shafique.

Qobuz, Bandcamp

4 track EP, would like to hear an album

:heart:

3 Likes