What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Angie McMahon’s brilliant follow up to Salt, marvellous what a couple years can do. Light, Dark, Light Again

6 Likes

Gee that was a hard act to follow, The Go Betweens Bellavista Terrace Great Hits.

3 Likes

Adele - 25 - CD

On the 2nd Nov 2015 Adele went to No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘Hello’, the lead track from her third album 25

12 Likes

Steven Wilson, the harmony codex. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Alex Lloyd Watching Angels Mend.

2 Likes

Starting the day with Beth Hart

12 Likes

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Live From KCRW

Having just played Push the Sky Away, I had to play this live album. The instrumentation is pared down relative to the aforementioned album and it’s obviously before a small audience, giving it a more intimate feel. Plus it opens with the mighty Higgs Boson Blues. Love it.

21 Likes

George Harrison and Friends. Concert for Bangladesh.
I enjoyed the tuning up so much I had to play the rest.
Cd rip of disc 1 (2005 reissue)

17 Likes

Thought I’d pickup a new artist following a post from @Pete_the_painter.
Never listened to this lady before, but I am enjoying this. Seems to match my mood today…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Angie McMahon - Light, Dark, Light again

5 Likes

I was listening to this one yesterday afternoon - great !

12 Likes

Superb album.
Saw her on that tour.
She is amazing live. I hope she is up to touring again soon. They have rescheduled her US tour for April. Fingers crossed, she manages to get her demons back in the box soon🤞🏼

1 Like

Excellent choice. :+1:

1 Like

@twofifty

Try this
Headley Bennett - 35 Years From Alpha (On-U Sound)

Alpha is a reference to the Alpha Boys School (now Insititute) where “wayward” youth, orphaned, delinquent, destitute etc children were taken in by Catholic Nuns and schooled in music and strict discipline, particularly Jazz and Big Band. Sister Ignatious must have been the hippest nun on the planet even operating her own Sound System. Many of Jamaica’s greatest musicians and recording artists were alumni of Alpha including “Deadly” Headley Bennett.

:heart:

4 Likes

You might like Sari Schorr, similar to Beth and is the vocalist on the new Robin Trower album. Her own albums are great and on Qobuz.

1 Like

Thanks Stevie, I’m not really interested in the gadget, I was just curious when I saw Graham’s picture, accuse me of narrow mindedness but my reasoning/thinking as I’ve already put forward (see my conversation with Graeme) suggests to me that this is one of those audiophile placebo’s.
According to Toon it doesnt even “work” on every record which makes me chuckle.

:heart:

Simon and Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park

Recorded 19 September 1981. I was minded to play this following a mention on another forum. I recall seeing the film of this concert broadcast in TV, when I was impressed by the fluidity and apparent ease of Paul’s playing.

20 Likes

The Crusaders Healing the Wounds / 1991 GRP / US CD / GRD 9638

Keyboards Joe Sample
Saxophone Wilton Felder
Bass Marcus Miller
Drums William “Bubba” Bryant
Guitar Michael Landau
Percussion Lenny Castro

11 Likes

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops

CD2, for a change.

Prompted by a reminder of Scotland by @Southernjock on Nice Photos.

11 Likes

20231102_114752

1 Like

Selwyn Birchwood - Pick Your Poison.
2017 CD Rip to FLAC - Good in ya face blues man.

4 Likes