What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Couldn’t resist, as it’s nearly Das Weekend.
Hideaway 12 inch remix of the 1994 club classic, that smell of questionable aftershave and youthful exuberance wafting over the deck. Aah!

4 Likes

Didn’t envisage playing this tonight, but glad I did, old and very crackly but all the better for it.
Wonderful.

22 Likes

To end on this spinning night of nights, DM Violator, bought in its crispy wrapper the day it came out, from Tower Records NYC 1990 (I queued) … Dave and Martin signed them in LA but I couln’t afford the bus fare. Oh well.

11 Likes

David Bowie - Pinups - CD

Pinups started a 5 week week run at the top of the UK charts on the 3rd Nov 1973, a mere 50 years ago.

25 Likes

Dire Straits

Live 1978 - 1992

Edward

17 Likes

Oscar Peterson Plays The Cole Porter Songbook / 2001 Verve / Germany CD / 8219872

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown Bass
Ed Thigpen Drums

11 Likes

Mellow start to the day

Eliane Elias - Dreamer

7 Likes

The latest Laura Veirs set.

5 Likes

4 Likes

cover

8 Likes

Some festive season blues.

3 Likes

A couple of trax due out January. Her last album was a forum favourite.

4 Likes

Perfect for before work …Soon be the weekend…Just so classic from Rodrigo

9 Likes

It has Soul…great song about escaping the rat race.
Reminds me of another…

From the Rastaman Vibration album

Positive
:heart:

15 Likes

My first jazz CD… so sweet!

1 Like

Arrived this morning at my home. A benchmark recording from 1973 with a beautiful airy and chamber music-like character. Absolutely gorgeous, musically and sonically. I ignore the Blue-ray version.

7 Likes

Already! What happened to the 12 Days of Xmas, now its more like 3 months! Bah! :wink:

Whilst the Gardeners (The Chuckle Brothers😉) finish the ground works behind the cabin, on the driveway and around the new fence, I’m sitting in the Cabin listening to Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex on vinyl😊

13 Likes

I love Oscar Peterson and indeed this is a wonderful album. Also check his recordings with the German label MPS (Musik Produktion Schwarzwald). Some of his finest recordings Peterson made in the MPS studio in Villingen.

4 Likes

Chicane far from the maddening crowd / 2007 Modena / UK CD / MODENACD2

4 Likes