What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Jeff Lorber Heard That / 2008 Peak / US CD / PKD30724

2 Likes

Live Ahmad Jamal from 1958 getting a spin.

12 Likes

Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock.

5 Likes

Peter Tosh. Bush doctor. Streaming.
This was amongst vinyl I gave away today c/w scratch n sniff cover.

9 Likes

Eagles - Eagles
From The Legacy Box Set

11 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols This is one of the vinyl albums I’ve given away today but I can’t find it on any streaming platform. Any ideas?

5 Likes

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch - CD

18 Likes

Yeah its the dub version of Israel Vibration Same Song. The Fatman Ridim section are also the Inner Circle band, so called coz there quite large chaps.
Here are the brilliantly rotund Rasta bredren backing Jacob Miller from the essential Heartland Reggae documentary.

Stop showing me pics of brilliant records your giving away, unless you give them to me! :wink:
:heart:

Edit: given I know your a fan of the superb Israel Vibration Same Song album I’m surprised your giving that away, its worth a couple of bob too

1 Like

More?..grrrrrrr! Hope there going to a good home😉

1 Like

Don’t really play vinyl anymore and they are going to good home. Saw Inner Circle live. Large stage presence.
Was hoping it would be on Qobuz or Apple but no chance.

1 Like

‘The Black Saint and the Lady Sinner’ - Charles Mingus

A unique talent.

15 Likes

Decent compilation but the sound isnt. Thin and tinny, digital in the worse sense. Sounds a bit like one of those early “re processed for stereo” records.

The split stereo is all over the place, starts with Dinah on the left, next track on the right, then back to the left…I wish she’d sit still.

Listening on Qobuz and I’ve seen it on the black stuff but definitely one to avoid.
What a pity

10 Likes

No, it was a Ja only vinyl press afaik.

If you like, give me a shout if you have anything else, I’m sure we could work something out?

1 Like

Now this is better. Great sound with The Quincy Jones Orchestra

The Swingin’ Miss D

10 Likes

The never played bonus record, What A Wonderful World, followed by Time After Time, from the Eva Cassidy boxset.
What a voice!

10 Likes

Something uptempo to prep for a hectic weekend of slippers, tea and tunes… Moby - Rescue Me.

5 Likes

That’ll be Apple’s inbuilt ‘destruction’ clock so you go out and buy a new one! :rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Laura Branigan – Self Control, on CD dating from c.1984

I’ve got a small-ish collection of 12’’ singles from around this time, including the title track here, which sounds great. The CD doesn’t and is full of the 1980s signature electro-drum beats, which have no bass attached (just pump, pump), yet form the base for most of the songs. Oh dear. Laura, your voice deserved better than this.

7 Likes

Kurena Ishikawa

1 Like

That won’t be happening - I’ll just keep the Samsung Tablet and my other half can have the iPad - Samsung’s newer anyway!

:thinking: :wink: :joy:

1 Like