What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Dire Straits. Alchemy
First album in the 8 cd box Live 1978-1992

18 Likes

Gary Burton & Friends Departure / 1997 Concord / US CD / CCD47492

Vibraphone Gary Burton
Bass John Patitucci
Drums Peter Erskine
Piano Fred Hersch
Guitar John Scofield

8 Likes

On CD:-

Gong - Rejoice! I’m Dead!

10 Likes

Came across the CD of this when sorting and cataloguing them last week and decided it needed a play soon.
Not the CD but Qobuz on the Lounge MuSo

4 Likes

a wonderful band. Championed by Bob Harris for many years.

Joining in the appreciation of this rather wonderful album. Great SQ and dynamics, even streaming from Qobuz.

5 Likes

Lol Tolhurst x Budgie x Jacknife Lee - Los Angeles

4 Likes

Allison Russell - The Returner. “Pushing the boundaries of what Americana can be”, it says here. Just bloody great, say I.

7 Likes

Eagles - Eagles Live
Eagles Legacy

11 Likes

Sunshine greetings @Tabbycat

I saw your Anthem post with interest.
This is the original first Island pressing that for reasons I can’t quite recall was withdrawn

I can’t remember if you stream, if so and your not aware of it already, I recommend The Complete Anthem sessions, contains lots of different mixes and versions

:heart:

6 Likes

Thanks to @QuickSticks for this band recommendation…

From one Simon to another and based on this album - may I suggest Sleep Token for your list?

4 Likes

Thank you, playing their debut album Sundowning now😊

PS… Skeletons is a brilliant album @SimonDC :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Warren Wolf Reincarnation / 2020 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1169

1 Like

Electric Light Orchestra

A New World Record

Edward

23 Likes

11 Likes

The Beatles - Love

@Pete_the_painter said yesterday that he might have another try with this album and I suggested he should ask himself if there was anything that was an improvement on the original. When I first heard it, I only managed to get part way through as it just felt wrong; it was messing with my memory of these great songs. I asked Pete if, alternatively, it scrambled his DNA. Consequently, I thought I’d better check again myself to see if I can get all the way through. Well, I’ve made it to the end over last two days. Towards the end there is less obvious editing, but I can’t get over the meddling in the earlier tracks, which still seems wrong. It still scrambles my DNA.

10 Likes

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
Eagles Legacy

9 Likes

Gong | My Guitar is a Spaceship | 2023 (November 3rd)

7 Likes

Argh thanks for your reply Dread .
I thought of you when I posted that last night @ knew you would give it a big
:+1: Yeah a superb album isn’t it and so strong from a lyrical point

Interesting seeing your first Island pressing

I dont stream as have far to many CD s and vinyl which 80 % of the time I dont have time to play so streaming would overload me with choice.

I am not down on streaming at all.And love going round to a mates who streams from Roon and love it when we both play a track as the access is amazing with what they have and even really obscure stuff.Its very impressive.
I think if I was going to do it again I would go down the streaming route.
However I do get a lot of comfort looking at a wall of CDs or vinyl if that makes sense.Its a comfort thing with the memories of vinyl you brought in different decades of your life what you were doing your friends and relationships.

Anyway enjoy the sun today my friend and as I say your reggae enthusiasm knowledge and education shines bright

5 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Mad Professor -Dub Me Crazy - Chapter 5

7 Likes