What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks for the sentiment, always nice to encounter a fellow traveller on a forum such as this.
Its available on CD if you want to check it out. I mentioned streaming for accessibility and convenience. My preference is usually vinyl and CD but I do stream more these days too
:heart:

1 Like

Swans
The Seer
Young God Records 2012

4 Likes

Beverley Knight - The Fifth Chapter (Qobuz HR)

Thought I should have a first listen to the latest album as were out to see Beverley at Brighton Dome tonight

4 Likes

Junk shop booty - four quid the lot. Taking Annie & Dave out for a spin.

16 Likes

Great album and brilliant band, got tickets for Hull at the end of the month. Saw them perform this album in its entirety at York last year absolutely superb.

1 Like

I can understand the scrambled DNA, but I’ve always wanted a Love 2!

I accept it as it seems to have been intended: a fun and often revelatory way to hear the songs sequenced and often repurposed.
As with the Deluxe boxes & Giles/Sam remixes of recent years the originals are still there to listen to.

I love those first mixes very much, yet also find so much to marvel at in Love.

2 Likes

Disc 4 from the Fania Latin Soul CD box.

7 Likes

Christopher Cross - Christopher Cross - CD

22 Likes

Sade The Best Of Sade / 2000 Epic / UK CD / 5005942

23 Likes

Tom Waits. Bone machine
A favourite of mine with some fine tracks including a (duet) with Keith Richards.
Cd rip

12 Likes

Eagles - The Millennium Concert
Eagles Legacy

12 Likes

A wee bit of Stevie Wonder never goes wrong. :notes: :musical_note:

19 Likes

Electric Light Orchestra

Out of the Blue

Edward

26 Likes

Spotlight on George Phang…

Jamaican Dancehall producer during the early eighties. Stripped back drum and bass riddims powered by Sly n Robbie on his distinctive Powerhouse label.
After a few phenomenal years as a producer, he concentrated on his “business” and political connections and activity.
Politics is a dangerous business in Ja and George amazingly survived a probably politically motivated shooting and gang feud including recieving reportedly 19 gun shot wounds in a drive by which George later claimed was an organised hit by persons unknown.

VP released 4 volumes of his productions which can be found on CD or streaming

George Phang - Powerhouse Selectors Choice Vol 1 (Qobuz/VP/Powerhouse)

Probably his biggest success was with Half Pint - Greetings

5 Likes

2022 Tone Poet Series vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Officium Novum

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor),Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor), Gordon Jones (Baritone) and Bruno Ganz (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… easing into this Tuesday morning with the Jan’s saxophones singing with the fanatic ‘Hilliard Ensemble’ and together they are sounding sublime! …a lovely way to ease into the day.

18 Likes

Back with Love.

Time to winnow the Da Capo collection out a bit.
Could take a while…

12 Likes

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

Eagles - Singles & B Sides
Eagles Legacy

14 Likes

Stevie it a true Love in :heart :heart:

You definitely like that album

1 Like