What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Something mellow by Jordan Klassen, a canadian chap who popped up on a random ‘radio’ stream one day.

1 Like

Visage - Visage

My original 1980 vinyl copy just cleaned up on a loaned Moth record cleaner. I must say the RCM does a lovely job and the vinyl is sounding great.

16 Likes

Starting early tonight…

Ayreon - The Source

Thanks once again to @IanRobertM for the recommendation

11 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and the music is sounding sublime! Life is sweet…

8 Likes

First of the day and something from the purple one

Prince - The Rainbow Children, bonkers and brilliant in equal measure.

12 Likes

I rarely play full blown orchestral tunes these days, but I’m enjoying this very much.

11 Likes

Bob Marley & The Wailers

Legend – The Best Of Bob Marley & The Wailers

Edward

27 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, it was like “ok, this is one way to wake up the body” and it was, had forgotten what an assault that album is, energy and brilliance in equal measure.

Fortunately I’m disturbing only me in the cabin, if I’d played that in the house at that time in the morning I’d never spin another disc.

Bob Mould - The Last Dog and Pony Show

8 Likes

(The late) John Miles – His Very Best, on CD – except it isn’t his best!!! Issued in 2000, based on content from the 1970s and 80’s. Run-time of 78 mins of very good stuff, but it excludes some much better stuff. Repro is quite good, given much of his content was pre-digital.

If you haven’t come across JM, I would describe as a pop/rock guitarist/vocalist, with quite a CV. Well worth a listen, especially the album Zaragon, which makes much of this sound tame IMHO. Play ‘Nice Man Jack’ at volume and be prepared…!

11 Likes

Herbaliser - Take London - 2005
CD rip

An interesting label Ninja Tune. Cinematic Orchestra, Róisín Murphy, and a lot of other wild and wonderful artists going back to 1990. A bit like 4AD for me, always something a bit different going on.

6 Likes

Good Shout, Surprised Bob is not highlighted more.

1 Like

Gong | Flying Teapot (Radio Gnome Invisible part 1) | 1973
Fifty years old of course and just playing the ripped CD one of two. This 2018 deluxe release includes an hour or so of them playing live at The Bataclan in Paris also in '73.

10 Likes

Version excursion…

Available, along with several other bangers, here…

4 Likes

Sting - Ten Summeoner’s Tales - CD

20 Likes

Santana. Supernatural. CD 1999.

He makes his playing sound so effortless, almost like he is not even having to think about it.

17 Likes

Eurythmics - Be Yourself Tonight, probably my favourite album from the duo.

26 Likes

Music was the very first record I bought as a 13 year old spotty teenager and look where it got me!
Big thanks to John

2 Likes

Front
The album includes the late Ginger Baker’s drumming on four of the tracks along with contributions from Paul Rodgers, Joe Bonamassa, Nathan East and more. Bernie Marsden, the veteran guitarist associated with Whitesnake who recently died plays on 12 of the songs including “Sunshine of Your Love,” which was released in advance.

8 Likes

Obey The Time/The Durutti Column

7 Likes