What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

A bargain!

1 Like

Giving that a go on Qobuz and it’s also nicely recorded. .

1 Like

Too much information :wink:

Stumbled on this, can only find it as a download. Listening on Qobuz where it has a different cover from this one on Bandcamp. Is it in your collection on vinyl or CD? It’s a laid back pleasure.

6 Likes

put the bins out, been shopping, went to docs n got my rockfords checked, put some diesel in the jam jar, waited for the post, run the J Edgar around, had my hair cut, had a bath, shave, cut my toenails, ate a sarnie, Mrs Dread out at Tuba lessons, brought the bins back in…

Now playing…

:wink:

6 Likes

Yeah its superb.
I’ve often posted it here…

I’m acquainted with the label owner Guillame Bougard you can check his label Taxi Tabou on Bandcamp.
Enjoy!
:heart:

4 Likes

Is it just download?

Playing on vinyl

12 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Tattoo.

16 Likes

Why? Nostalgia I guess whilst doing some housework.

steve

12 Likes

Yes, or stream on Qobuz etc
Guillame does a lot of work with Sly n Robbie, well just Sly now, but has decided to mostly release material on HiRes digital.
If you like more like this I’m sure your familiar with Ernest Ranglin Below The Bassline, try Monty Alexander Yard Movement, check Island Jamaica Jazz label on Discogs. Search anything by Monty and/or Ernie on Telarc, MPS label, theres a good recent Monty Alexander Best Of Montreaux Years.
Monty Alexander has done a really good album of Ja influenced interpretations of Thelonious Monk which I really enjoy

He has done so many great recordings, hardly any of which are duffers, actually I cant think of any, so whether playing straight Jazz or Ja fusion sounds just put Monty in a search and dive in, its all good!
Enjoy
:heart:

3 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band feat. Trey Anastasio - Layla Revisited

Glorious.

5 Likes

Postman came.

13 Likes

Hope he didnt make a mess

Funny man.

1 Like

Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots.
Atlantic 75/Analogue Productions 45rpm double.

14 Likes

51cZQW+NFZL.AC
Freddie King - Stayin’ At Home With The Blues, a collection compiled from his three albums recorded for RSO.

9 Likes

A quick burst of Riverside - ID:Entity whilst waiting for the XPS to arrive.

7 Likes

Are you enjoying it? The record, not the postman :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Love it. Have been streaming it since release, but sounds fantastic on vinyl. Sally Go Round the Roses just blows me away every time.

5 Likes