What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Barb Jungr - Man In The Long Black Coat - CD

7 Likes

It’s a top record!

2 Likes

Continuing to enjoy this gripping documentary on BBC Sounds about the Birmingham underworld and the rise of The Burger Bar Boys

Windrush, Blues Parties, Handsworth Riots, The Johnsons, Burger Bar Boys, Frontline Club Jamaican Yardies etc peppered with great musical samples and thats just the first two episodes.
Some of the narratives and descriptions dont pull punches and not for the faint hearted, but
If true crime docs are up your street I highly recommend this

3 Likes

12 Likes

First play of The Red album…

2023 vinyl release @krautnaimie flat, quiet pressing, sounding good so far! :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

20 Likes

11 Likes

15 Likes

Good news @apye :+1: mine should be delivered tomorrow, just a little FOMO alert :wink:

1 Like

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble - Remember me, my dear

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone), The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor), Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor) and Gordon Jones (Bariton).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… easing into this Thursday morning with Jan and The Hilliard Ensemble and they are sounding sublime! Cloudy, cool, and misty out the window and clear, warm, dry and quite comfortable relaxing in my listening chair with a cup of coffee this morning. Life is sweet!

9 Likes

Any luck with the cleaning machine?

Not yet. The one I had my eye on went for silly money. Christmas is coming, though.

1 Like

Charlie Haden + Chris Anderson None But The Lonely Heart / 1997 naim / Austria CD / naimcd022

14 Likes

Posted this a few days back when streaming, now enjoying the black stuff…

5 Likes

Loving on vinyl The Pixies - Surfer Rosa

15 Likes

Just having a quick 5 minutes or so b4 going out for dinner….

Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending

16 Likes

Now and then Red and Blue bonanza.

On the reverse of the 2023 edition it says “all recordings are in stereo”, but there’s little to no info’ in the booklet about where these “new” (?) stereo mixes are from.

Vinyl slipcase edition delayed, so I’ll start with the CD versions.

21 Likes

Crosby & Nash - Wind On The Water.
An old favorite of mine, with Crosby & Nash being right on top of their game.

16 Likes

Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited. Mono. CD.

19 Likes

Espen Eriksen Trio with Andy Sheppard - As Good As It Gets. Something easy listening after being knocked for 6 by my Covid booster jab.

8 Likes