What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Keeping it 80’s, just for a change, Technique 1989. I always wondered if they slightly-speeded things up in production to give it a bit more ‘edge’?

17 Likes

Alfred Brendel & Alban Berg Quartet - Mozart Piano Concerto 12 & Piano Quartet 2 - WAV CD rip
Beautiful works from Mozart given a warm string sound from the Bergs with Brendel providing a lively piano performance, an album to savour and end up feeling happy.

4 Likes

I love this album and all the APC stuff. I remember first listening to this band and thinking what drummer could match up with what Maynard had with Tool, Danny Carey - but Josh Freese does a fine job, and now with Foo Fighters, no less!!

1 Like

Gary Moore - How Blue Can You Get, even though this is a posthumous release of previously unreleased material, it’s still a great listen.

17 Likes

Mark Knopfler

Privateering

Edward

21 Likes

I agree AlanP - it’s rather good

1 Like

No software, just hardware! :hugs:

5 Likes

Stephen Stills - Manassas.

15 Likes

Long time since i have heard the grand funk railroad

4 Likes

Angela Hewitt - Bach Goldberg Variations - WAV CD rip
Wonderful sophisticated beautiful piano music, for my taste as great as music gets, played by a master pianist.

12 Likes

By chance I played this yesterday. I hate the expression ‘first press’ because it sounds like olive oil, but I bought this when it came out.

15 Likes

15 Big Ones/The Beach Boys.

7 Likes

Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis - CD

Now moved to the proper section ! a senior moment…

27 Likes

Bedtime tunes:

Big thank you to @Graeme for posting this earlier.

12 Likes

Just because I fancied it & enjoy it. Qobuz.

10 Likes

Michael Schenker - Universal

Album from 2022. I’m liking it very much :blush:.

Some great musicians on this album.

3 Likes

A King Has Gone.

A beautiful tribute to Ronnie James Dio.

Featuring Bobby Rondinelli, Bob Daisley and Tony Carey.

1 Like

Emmylou Harris - Roses In The Snow, on hdcd.

20 Likes

Now playing…

Melody Gardot - Currency Of Man (Deluxe Edition - The Artist’s Cut)

Melody Gardot (Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Heather Donavon (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ), Maxine Waters (Vocals), Andrew Martin (Trombone), Chuck Staab (Drums), Clydene Jackson (Vocals), Clément Ducol (Prepared Piano, String Arrangements, String Conductor), Dan Higgins (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Dean Parks (Guitar), Gary Grant (Trumpet), Heather Donavon (Vocals), Irwin Hall (Alto Saxophone), Jesse Harris (Guitar) and Julia Waters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning from a long walk and sitting down with a sandwich, tall glass of water and listening to Melody with her talented group of musicians supporting her and they are sounding sublime!

17 Likes

This is less dynamically compressed
than the expanded 62-66 set, thankfully.

Even the mixes that aren’t new to this set sounds a little different to my ears.

Of the new 2023 mixes, I Am The Walrus, to take one example, is certainly quite startlingly distinct from previous versions. All the way through things pop in and out of the sound picture where you least expect them. And the ending as the radio “samples” glide in. . . well, it’s like Richard D James has rather fittingly tweaked it! (I exaggerate for effect, but it’s now got a very new feel).

16 Likes