What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I just purchased both the Red and Blue albums looking forward to hearing them later today. :+1:

6 Likes

My first listen to the remastered Red and Blue albums.

20 Likes

Tiger for punishment you are :crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I knew that’d bring you out from under your sofa :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ha ha

I’ve never heard them - any good ?

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk - CD

Fleetwood Mac’s second UK No.1 album on this day 10th Nov 1979 and the 12th album by the British/American rock band.

24 Likes

5 Likes

Do you mean relative to the recent GM remixes of Pepper, White, Abbey Road, Let It Be? Aren’t they supposed to be the same versions? I have so far found all the reworked GM versions to be the clearest and most enjoyable yet.

I look forward to the new versions of Girl, Norwegian Wood and Drive My Car, which will be a foretaste of the remixed Rubber Soul. I believe the Red now includes a new mix of I Saw Her Standing There too .

Despite trying to cancel the order, my Amazon order is due to arrive tomorrow. I shan’t be able to open that as it will have to go back. I shall wait for the newer lower priced order to turn up next week.

Woke up feeling like a bit of Shinedown and as Mrs QS is wearing her “Sound Of Madness” tour T-shirt that what I went with…

1 Like

Kai Eckhardt honour, simplicity, respect the flow / 2000 naim / Austria CD / naimcd047

4 Likes

Hi Clive,

Yes, they are the same mixes for songs from these albums. Without doing an exact A/B with the GM remixes I can’t be sure they actually sound identical.

The new mixes on all of the Red album, and a smattering of the Blue was a jolt to my auditory senses, so I was probably just a bit disoriented.

Enjoy the new sounds on the Red album when they arrive. CD or vinyl?

1 Like

From Shinedown to Breaking Benjamin
Album #5 Dark Before Dawn

3 Likes

Physical things are quite special imo. Lovely :+1:

Indeed. All the new mixes so far have been revelatory. Enjoy yours. I see you purchased both vinyl and CD. I usually end up buying the CD after I’ve been disappointed with the vinyl :joy:

1 Like

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - CD

Elton started a eight week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’ 50 years ago today 10th Nov 1973

26 Likes

Loving on CD before out the door to work…Yay !..soon be the weekend

7 Likes

Inspired by a few recent posts. Finding albums of this quality is what keeps me coming back to this forum.

8 Likes

Yes, very often the case these days with new pressings. Despite doing shifts in a mostly vinyl shop, I tend to buy new releases on CD!

I’m a little mystified by the lack of detail for the mixes specific to these sets.

It feels slightly disingenuous to simply state George Martin as producer, Norman Smith and Geoff Emerick as principal engineers and say “all recording are stereo” (their typo, not mine).

We can clearly hear that they are in stereo, but they don’t sound at all like the existent versions, and some more revealing information inside the booklet would have been useful.

1 Like

61VgoGZwPFL.AC_UY436_QL65
Starting the day with one of my fav Boz discs. High Sierra is right up there.

11 Likes

Led Zeppelin Four / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR1161

29 Likes