What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes, I wonder this often, too.

Many enjoyably aimless hours (days, decades) pass by pondering these things. I even have a boss and fellow employee (real humans) who engage in the same discussion to keep me accordingly amused, riled, perplexed.

All that said, when I listen to The Beatles (and The Beach Boys) after the hoopla has died down following a big reissue/remix/repackage, I usually reach for the copies I know best, which are mostly the originals.

Sort of your point, I think.

3 Likes

Love it! Brilliant!
Thanks for that :joy:
:heart:

1 Like

My point indeed :+1:

2023 technological remix

10 Likes

The Beatles. 1967-1970 (2023)
When I bought the Let it be Super deluxe box last year and found that it didn’t include the rooftop concert which they subsequently sold separately later, I decided that this cow had been milked for the last time.
Don’t intend to purchase. Happily streaming thank you.

Qobuz

16 Likes

John Martyn - One World

Vinyl.

‘What, again?’ I hear you ask.

Has the day got a Y in it.

10 Likes

Led Zeppelin IV, 1971.

A few of you have posted about the intetesting story of the Wiltshire thatcher named Lot Long, who is in the cover of Led Zeppelin IV, I hope for ever. Many thanks for this.

I also wanted to thank you for the passion about Led Zeppelin in this Forum, it certainly made me learn more about the group. And I think I like it more because of you.

Now, playing it loud!

30 Likes

CD. I just bought the CD for £6 from Amazon. It had better be good or that’s a pint you owe me :joy:

First full album listen on the NDX2 after adding the XPS-2 DR
Riverside - ID:Entity

4 Likes

The Traveling Wilburys - Collection - CD

Was going to play a George Harrison CD, but came up with this instead, its a good tribute to a few artistes unfortunately no longer with us.

21 Likes

Will do. Just listened to this, which I also enjoyed:

5 Likes

Avril Lavigne - ‘Let Go’ vinyl. Superb album, fantastically well recorded and produced. Okay, not very ‘hip’ for an old boy like me, but a bit of uptempo pop is always fun.

2 Likes

Yeah thats a good un too :+1:

This one has some tunes you might find familiar

4 Likes

And if you like it do you owe me a pint? :wink:

1 Like

Flat Bridge is another recent one (2021) thats quite good

Its a real pity that his 1996 Big Up album doesnt seem to be available on Qobuz

4 Likes

Jeff Lorber Fusion Step It Up / 2015 Heads Up / US CD / HUI3793802

Jeff Lorber Keyboards
Jimmy Haslip Bass
Robben Ford, Michael Thompson, Paul Jackson Jr. Guitar
Bob Mintzer, Gary Meek Tenor Saxophone
Vinnie Colaiuta, Gary Novak Drums

3 Likes

New album out in March 2024 and tickets already booked for tour in May but in the meantime this will do

Elbow - Little Fictions

11 Likes

Heavenly Cream - An Acoustic Tribute to Cream - various bods.

Oh dear, … … … a dreary routine plod through various Cream choons which adds absolutely nothing to any of the originals.

Don’t bother. :-1:

4 Likes

Amos Lee - Dreamland

12 Likes

Bombay Bicycle Club - A Different Kind Of Fix.

Mrs G is freelancing at the hospital today so I’m doing my bit by running round the house tidying and cleaning while listening to some light Indie.

9 Likes